Wehrli LML CP4 conversion - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2015, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Exclamation Wehrli LML CP4 conversion

I bought the Wehrli CP4 to CP3 conversion for a great price from Jason Wehrli and now I have some questions. Has anyone does this conversion on an LML that can lend some insight on the installation? I have a pump and a kit, a little lost on the hook up. I saw the CP3 installation on a sticky here but that is for Fleece, the kits are not alike. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2015, 08:48 PM

The two kits are are very similar. Email Jason at Wehrli for instructions he will send them to you. Take your time and read and reread, this forum has lots of good information about the conversion. The sticky labeled CP3 conversations has good pictures and explanations.

2011 LML, EFI Live (PPEI), Wehrli EGR delete, CP3 conversion and Up Pipes, Fass 150, Rigid fogs and back up, S&B cold air, N-fab step bars, BT Dieselworks line pressure controller, Edge Insight, Cognito UCAs and PISK kit, Kryptonite center link and tie rods, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Nitto Exo Grappler with 20X9 Fuel Trophy, Nictane adapter, Flo Pro exhaust w Aero resonator, Profab down pipe, PPE front and rear diff, Weather tech mats, carbon fiber interior, tinted, color matched grill, Line X bumpers, aftermarket Nav with back up camera. Air lift bags with compressor.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 08:35 AM

That picture there is the most important. I just made it for you and the wehrli kit. The only real difference is the high pressure line enters the rear of the passenger side fuel rail.

With the cp3 conversion people have to realize the routing of the fuel lines.

1. you have fuel going into the cp3 (feeding it) and that comes from the fuel filter.

That goes into the 1/2 barb directly in the middle of the injection pump on the back of it.

2. You have a high pressure fuel line that the pump uses to feed the fuel rail. This comes out and goes into the back of the passenger rail. (youll need a m10 triple square tool to remove the existing plug)

3. The return. Whatever the cp3 doesnt use just goes back into the fuel tank.
Ryan J likes this.

Instagram Big_Turbo_LML for truck progress and pictures.

First 11 second LML https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb6eN1hbr2k

12 LML, EFI live from Duramax Tuner/MotorOps, Fleece, Wehrli, Airdog, AFE, Flo-pro, H&S, Maxx Performance, Suncoast, BT Dieselworks, ISSpro, & American Force.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 09:34 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Subd! I'd really like to do the conversion just not sure it's,something I want to do myself

2013 SILVERADO CCSB LML
RIDGE RUNNER DIESEL PERFORMANCE
AFE/FASS/S&B/EDGE/DEVIANT/BMF/COOPER/
KRYPTONITE/RANCHO/MERCHANT AUTO/
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 06:52 PM

Subd. Plan on doing this soon as well!

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Stormtrooper--
--Built by Carolina Diesel Trucks--
4" Cognito Suspension Lift with Fox Shocks / 22x10 -13 2 Piece Fuel Mavericks Black and Milled / 305/45/22 Nitto Terra Grapplers / DQS Tow Mirrors with White Caps / Paint to Match Grille, Bumper insert, fog insert, door handles, belt molding / Tint / Debadge / PlainanSimple Headlights, Foglights, Taillights, 3rd Brake Light / Recon Smoked Cab Lights
August 2015 ROTM Winner
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 07:16 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn78411 View Post
I bought the Wehrli CP4 to CP3 conversion for a great price from Jason Wehrli and now I have some questions. Has anyone does this conversion on an LML that can lend some insight on the installation? I have a pump and a kit, a little lost on the hook up. I saw the CP3 installation on a sticky here but that is for Fleece, the kits are not alike. Thanks in advance.
I have done this kit any questions pm me or text me your phone number I'll gladly help

2005 ccsb hunter green
rip old motor
(fully stock)
motor going in
huge thanks to Dustin and robb at (ATP)
could not have donr this with out your help
hope this new motor holds 500hp this time
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 01:51 PM

Ive done it, got confused at one point and called up the shop, ended up talking to Jason and emailing him some pics. He got me squared away even though I am sure he thought I was an idiot lol. I had some silly questions. m10 triple square bits are key, found a set at NAPA in podunk nowhere Missouri at the last min but I suggest finding those before anything else as it is essential to the install. Anyone with issues just pm me as well and I will shoot you my number, if you have face time I can show you mine and give advice on what you got goin on if pics cant cut it.
mcullins91101 likes this.

2012 Silverado 2500HD Z71 LTZ- PCV reroute/EGR delete/cp3k/MBRP down pipe/FloPro 5" stainless/ADII 165/PISK/CTS Insight/Fuel Lethal 20x9/295-55 Terra Grapplers

06 CCSB 4x4 rancho lift/MagnaFlow down pipe/4" MagnaFlow stainless/trans go/EFI by Rob/Edge Insight CTS/AD165/egr blocked/pcv reroute/trans lines- SOLD

05 Cummins 4x4 silver short bed/road armor/smoked cab lights/edge J/A/ISSPRO gauges/straight pipe/H2's with 35" Hankooks/a few Carli goodies/08.5 steering linkage/red head gear box. SOLD
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 06:10 AM

I'm getting ready to install mine soon. Any other special tools that will be handy other than the m10 triple square tool?

2009 Chevy 5.3, exhaust, intake, fuel wheels-SOLD
2012 Chevy 6.2, exhaust, intake, fuel wheels-SOLD

2012 duramax lml
Kory Willis EFI, edge insight cts, dual 5" flo pro, 7" tips, diamond eye dp, HSP piping, S&B intake, FASS titanium 150, Fuel Krank wheels, Wcfab sportsman cp3, Danville 68 stg2r, built trans, 630 rwhp
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 06:53 AM

when we did mine, we removed the factory filter head and the fuel test port removed all that stuff and made it more simple

15 silverado
blah blah blah
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 12:54 PM

I was also considering doing the factory fuel filter delete at the same time. Is it worth it? I heard you hold better rail pressure if it's deleted.

2009 Chevy 5.3, exhaust, intake, fuel wheels-SOLD
2012 Chevy 6.2, exhaust, intake, fuel wheels-SOLD

2012 duramax lml
Kory Willis EFI, edge insight cts, dual 5" flo pro, 7" tips, diamond eye dp, HSP piping, S&B intake, FASS titanium 150, Fuel Krank wheels, Wcfab sportsman cp3, Danville 68 stg2r, built trans, 630 rwhp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode