Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Ez lynk and ppei tuning available now

195K views 687 replies 89 participants last post by  mk2driver 
#1 ·
#4 ·
How would this integrate into a truck that is tuned with PPEI using the 5 pack autocal?

#5 ·
Nothing is the same as far as what you have already....you will get 100$ back if you have efi live from ppei currently......I have had it on my truck for the past month or so and its pretty awesome......no smoke at all, not even a puff, and so much more options

#21 ·
As much as it may seem you are getting a lot more capabilities with this device. With the tune pack you have access to more than just your standard 4 tunes. Going twins? Cp3 conversion? Etc it's already available on the cloud. No more waiting for tunes.
*some will need tweaked obviously so you will need to go through PPEI for that*
With live datalog they will be able to fine tune the truck much quicker!

#22 ·
^^ exactly, a lot of people think it's just the ez lynk for the dsp5 switch.....but it's way more than that in the end....it's a lot better all the way around.....

#26 · (Edited)
I have a vin license for tony already ;)
I'll be honest, it's nice to be able to switch tunes on the fly. BUT I'm a firm believer in that leading to lots of stocks trans prematurely burning up. Not giving the trans time to learn cause your at a stop light on a tow tune n then all of a suden mr.evo wants to race. Flip to the race tune burn the car then back down to the tow tune. No bueno for El transmission-o
If I hadn't already purchased an autocal or didn't have access to a v2 this would be great to buy. I'm not about buying shit twice tho. Doesn't matter to me if the tunes are on the "cloud" or not. Whoever did the tuning will make different changes on my truck then the others he's tuned cause everyone is different. The only benefit to this I see of being able to switch tunes on the fly. For 1k+ and a 100 dollar rebate I'll wait a minute n a half for a tune to load.
Before anyone gets butthurt I'm not bashing anything here. Just my opinion. It is nice the lmls finally have a switch avaliable, and I'm sure this will be a big boost in korys sales.

#32 ·
Tell me more!!

#35 ·
I said the same thing, but now the tunes will all be stored on the computer so you can switch on the fly with the knob instead of reflashing , I think most of the expense is cloud tech support and updates automatically, no more email and personal computer downloads for the updates like going with larger tires, from what I was told at a local diesel dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#44 ·
It's a completely different program so the tunes wont "transfer" over.........no they cant be put on the autocal

Reactions: Bigpuddie
#49 ·
...Because that wouldn't make @bluessmax as much money.

Finished your sentence for you.

You mean to tell me the reason it can't be put on the autocal is do to programming? Bullshit! If kory wanted to help his loyal current customers out, he could do it. If he's as good as he says he is anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

#48 ·
If you go back a page matt and I addressed the odb2 splitter issue. It sounded to me that once the Ez Lynk has been used the switch is good to go without it unless you use it as gauges.
I read it and that's how I understood it, but I didn't realize all 5 tunes would be stored on the factory computer essentially and available via the switch. I figured the ez-lynk still had to be plugged in to make the switch "live". I'm probably WAY overthinking this. I am familiar with tuning (I tune my honda via neptune rtp) but the ECU will only store 1 tune at a time like the Autocal type setup previously, and has to be connected to make an update (even if there were a way to put it on a switch)

In my head I view the ez-lynk as a USB flash drive, and without that plugged in there are no files to switch through unless it's saved to the "main hard drive" (stock ecm) so to say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.