Ppei autocal sotf is here!! - Page 5 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 07:25 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

I am a deal shopper, barterer and all around value hunter. Everything I buy, whether for the truck or at the grocery store, I ask for a discount. Get one about 75% of the time. Anyone who gives a discount and provides good service gets word of mouth business from me. My insurance agent saved me $1,300 a year when I switched to him three years ago, he has 32 new customers because of what he did for me and I send more every month.

Even with that stated, I wouldn't balk at the $300 for SOTF tuning if it was what I wanted. PPEI is a business, as is each vendor that reps them. They also provide customer service, and good CS at that. Lyle is a good dude and when I was getting my LMM tuning set, he was helpful and available. Same for the boys and girl and PPEI, always reachable. Kory and others as well are real professionals, they know their tuning inside and out even if sometimes the customer has a different idea of the end result. Professionalism costs money, as does the r&d to get this product to market after years of tinkering. Some items just cost, and some items are worth it. An items worth is relative to the buyers own arithmetic and it is different for everyone.

Stop being blowhards and determine whether or not the product is right for you, if it is, pay to play and be happy you've supported two businesses that work constantly for you and others like you to keep our trucks running well. How many of you have spent $100+ on tail lights? waste of money, but looks cooler than a switch, right? Who's paid $40 for blacked out dmax/allison/efilive hood badges? $30 for billet valve stem covers? $80 for a pcv re-route than one could make for $15? My point is, I guarantee all but the most miser-ish if you have wasted more than $300 on your truck or in some other area of life.

If you don't want to pay $300, wait til the price drops if ever. If you want SOTF, buck up and shut up. There are so many bigger fish to fry in this industry, let alone all the other BS afoot in the country.

You all knew this day would come eventually. If you want the latest and greatest then have $300 handy. If you don't, call PPEI and explain the issues with your current tunes, send them a log, and ask them to make what adjustments are needed to make YOU happy. Kory offers (and others of course but they haven't been named yet) a CUSTOM service. That custom service is expanded with the SOTF, and that expansion needs to be accounted for in order for PPEI to even offer SOTF as an option.
akhend and 8ualive like this.

LMM CCSB with stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
unknown known most

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnasara View Post
$300 is not a whole lot when you think about buying a building, having employees, paying for insurance,paying taxes,and trying to keep enough money in the bank to operate. I am sure he is tied to it for around an hour, plus the switch.plus the countless hours developing it

Then it is passed down to the vendor who puts his mark up on it.

I know the price for just a set of tunes for my LBZ was $250 and I already had tuning. So 300 for the tunes and a switch for the LML is pretty decent in my eyes. You always have to pay more for new technology. I do not see anyone standing in line at apple complaining about the cost of the new Iphone. Like everything else I am sure it will come down.
Vendor doesn't put a markup on it....Kory has them at mapped pricing...no mark up from any of his dealers.....Not a lot of profit in it for us anyways...just trying to get it to the guys that wanted it forever ha

2015.5 Denali 2500 on 35's at factory height...sold
2008 lmm......sold
2003 gmc RCSB with 6.0 and 4L80 for now...
2000 Camaro ss with 5.3 and s480 billet wheel...
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 09:30 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

The switch and updated tunes are $300 STILL! Hillary lost the election and half of the country is crying and rioting, but the outcome is still the same! Get on the Trump train or buck up and move to Canada with all the dbag movie stars that said they would move! Get the point!
8ualive likes this.

2011 BOWTIE LML ECSB SRW 4WD
Leveled, Debadged no moldings, CP3'd
WCFab Motorops Exergy Fass Beans TechAFX S&B HSP AFE Donaldson Kryptonite Cognito Bilstein AMSOIL ISSpro Nitto etc etc etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 10:12 AM
Reign in Blood

It's a conspiracy man...big oil man

2012 tahoe ltz 5.3, Diablo tuned, duratracs, soundoff/svp lit...

justice is lost, justice is raped, justice is done
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:10 PM

Well who knows who really one, I for one depend on Oil for my job and everything else in the world just about, and having people in office who see through all the BS EPA laws and want to get rid of this country we all love's nonsense laws and get uncle Sam out of our pockets! Hey that man's alright for me, the EPA used to be relevant and need to keep Industries honest. Now is all about revenue$$$$ love my dmax, and I hope the truck emmisons are at least at a standstill or decreased during the next 4 years
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
unknown known most

I'm gonna say they wont be near as strict in the future...may take a year or so though
LMLADDICT and WYODMAX882 like this.

2015.5 Denali 2500 on 35's at factory height...sold
2008 lmm......sold
2003 gmc RCSB with 6.0 and 4L80 for now...
2000 Camaro ss with 5.3 and s480 billet wheel...
post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ualive View Post
I'm gonna say they wont be near as strict in the future...may take a year or so though
Well all hope man!!
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Water and air should be kept clean, but when barbecues must have emissions controls, pretty good sign things have gone too far.

DPF/SCR technology summarized in three words: It doesn't work.
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 06:45 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Back to the topic at hand. Here is how I see it. Lots of people want SOTF. If it was free most of them would have it. A few would like to be paid to have it so they wouldn't take a freebie. Nobody is paying anybody to upgrade to SOTF and nobody is giving it away free. The question is, how much do you want it? I think if it was $50 most of those who want it would get it. If it was $10,000 only those with a lot of money and a self image based on having what nobody else has would buy it. Some where between these extremes is a price that gives the manufacturer an incentive to produce the product and entices enough customers to pay that the costs can be retrieved and a profit made.

There is a story about a bag lady selling apples on the corner. A passerby asked how much they were. She said they were $1,000,000. He said she wouldn't sell many at that price. She replied she only needed to sell one.

If you don't like the price do something else.

Think of it like this. Suppose they offered you upgraded tunes for $300 and said they would throw in the SOTF switch to boot.
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 10:12 AM
Reign in Blood

What they should do is make the tunes to expire, that way every year you need a service fee to keep them working, otherwise only stock will work..

2012 tahoe ltz 5.3, Diablo tuned, duratracs, soundoff/svp lit...

justice is lost, justice is raped, justice is done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode