Kory Willis tunes for mini maxx - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Kory Willis tunes for mini maxx

So I have a '11 Denali HD that I bought used in '14 and have been driving it around stock for the last four years with the exception of a mini maxx tuner on the street tune ( I believe it's 80 HP). I pulled the trigger today on a MBRP 5" down pipe back exhaust and down pipe and was thinking about getting the MCC unlock code and Kory's tunes but can't seem to find them anywhere other than a website called red dragon tuning which I've never heard of. I went on the PPEI website and tried to contact them via email about tuning but got an error message when I tried to submit. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get Kory's tunes on the mini maxx, or should I just go with the canned H&S dpf delete tunes?

Chad F
-2011 Denali HD
-aFe DPF Delete Pipe
-Mini Maxx on Performace Tune (150 HP)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:49 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
I'd give PPEI a direct call on this or get hooked up with mrmanners (Willie) here on the forum. He sells Kory's tunes and may be able to help out. Love working with Willie on stuff, going to be getting a tune from PPEI on my new 2016 in a while. Probably an exhaust and other goodies too

2016 Silverado 3500HD CCLB LTZ
5" Flo-Pro Downpipe Back Straight Pipe, Sportsman CP3, MBRP Downpipe, Full EGR Delete, - Tunes by PPEI

Past Trucks: 2015 Silverado 2500HD CCSB Gasser, 2011 GMC 2500HD CCSB SLT, 2003 GMC 2500HD ECLB SLT
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcalle View Post
I'd give PPEI a direct call on this or get hooked up with mrmanners (Willie) here on the forum. He sells Kory's tunes and may be able to help out. Love working with Willie on stuff, going to be getting a tune from PPEI on my new 2016 in a while. Probably an exhaust and other goodies too

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll probably give PPEI a call on Monday and see what they say.

Chad F
-2011 Denali HD
-aFe DPF Delete Pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 12:46 PM

IIRC I contacted PPEI and they quit making those tunes years ago. I also have a mini maxx...

2014 LML Denali
*Mini Maxx*5" Flo Pro

Sold: 2007.5 LMM 2500HD
*Egr Blocker*PCV reroute*DPSP5*AD 165*S&B Intake
Sold: 2003 2500HD CC SB LB7
*Predator *MBRP 4" *305/70R16 SSR's *Gage Bumpers
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinp95 View Post
IIRC I contacted PPEI and they quit making those tunes years ago. I also have a mini maxx...
I contacted mrmanners and he told me the same thing. They stopped doing the MCC tuning when the EZlynk came out. So I guess I'm outta luck. I'd love to get an Autocal with TCM tuning but dont really have the funds at the moment since I just shelled out a good chunk of change for the exhaust. Are you still happy with the stock mini maxx tunes? My exhaust should be here Thursday but I probably won't have time to put it on for a few weeks. Hopefully all goes well.

Chad F
-2011 Denali HD
-aFe DPF Delete Pipe
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 02:54 PM

Oh ya. I have no complaints on the Mini Maxx. It shifts well and plenty of power.

2014 LML Denali
*Mini Maxx*5" Flo Pro

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinp95 View Post
Oh ya. I have no complaints on the Mini Maxx. It shifts well and plenty of power.

Great, glad to hear it! How much does it smoke with the mini? I'm hoping to stay as inconspicuous as possible, aside from the loud exhaust that is.

Chad F
-2011 Denali HD
-aFe DPF Delete Pipe
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 11:39 AM

I dont consider it much and from what ive seen of "custom tunes" I cant tell much of a difference if at all.

2014 LML Denali
*Mini Maxx*5" Flo Pro

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 12:28 PM

I still use the mini maxx as a gauge. But I put in kory’s tunes via ppei. In my opinion the mini maxx can dump more smoke. Where as korys is A LOT CLEANER. Which is nice. Smokes some but no where near the H&S.

White 2012 2500HD LTZ Crew cab Short bed, 5" Mbrp W/O Muffler down pipe back,PPEI by Kory Willis,Rhino Lining,Diamond Eye DownPipe,FASS Titnium Series 165gph, Wehrli Custom Fab Intake bundle EGR Delete, PCV-reroute

GarrettHeyyaa
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm23 View Post
I still use the mini maxx as a gauge. But I put in kory’s tunes via ppei. In my opinion the mini maxx can dump more smoke. Where as korys is A LOT CLEANER. Which is nice. Smokes some but no where near the H&S.
Yeah, I would love to get the PPEI tuning but I already have the mini maxx and can't really afford to buy another tuner right now. Unfortunately they aren't doing the PPEI tunes for the mini anymore.

Chad F
-2011 Denali HD
-aFe DPF Delete Pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode