first time Duramax owner, I need ideas - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 03:09 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Def! An awesome hardcore badass truck. Tuning these trucks is not an absolute necessity. They are BA as they come.

Tuning just takes it to another level.
beardedbuilder likes this.

🤘 Kennedy fuel system support hardware, CCM front Diff Drop, some LEDs to make night into day, got some big ol 20's and wide ass tires and a nice display to show me what's up under the hood-

2012GMC2500CCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 06:00 AM

So. Before deleting my truck. My chick would always call it a Prius because you couldn’t here it lol. Now I ask her the same question. And she doesn’t say anything.

White 2012 2500HD LTZ Crew cab Short bed, 5" Mbrp W/O Muffler down pipe back,PPEI by Kory Willis,Rhino Lining,Diamond Eye DownPipe,FASS Titnium Series 165gph, Wehrli Custom Fab Intake bundle EGR Delete, PCV-reroute

GarrettHeyyaa
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm23 View Post
So. Before deleting my truck. My chick would always call it a Prius because you couldnít here it lol. Now I ask her the same question. And she doesnít say anything.
So how are you getting by inspections there in Kommiefornia?

🤘 Kennedy fuel system support hardware, CCM front Diff Drop, some LEDs to make night into day, got some big ol 20's and wide ass tires and a nice display to show me what's up under the hood-

2012GMC2500CCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:49 AM

Honestly. And most people don’t believe me. But I have never had to smog my truck yet and it’s a 2012. Maybe this year. But it’s all about who you know

White 2012 2500HD LTZ Crew cab Short bed, 5" Mbrp W/O Muffler down pipe back,PPEI by Kory Willis,Rhino Lining,Diamond Eye DownPipe,FASS Titnium Series 165gph, Wehrli Custom Fab Intake bundle EGR Delete, PCV-reroute

GarrettHeyyaa
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:47 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

I live in a non amish state, but decided to keep them for now. Added mbrp hotside pipe and down pipe as well as 4"cool dual which delete the muffler. No in cab change in sound with windows up, slight rumble from exhaust and a noticeable change in turbo whistle with windows down. I run an Edge Evo CTS2, love the gauges and could return to stock program if emish nazis invade.Still noticable by dealer if they bother to check. Level 4 full throttle makes me an A hole driver as it burns all 4 rear tires going into 2nd gear. 1st gear stock turbo won't let me spool up fast enough to lite up 1st gear without a boost launch. 4wheel high 8-10 psi launch is stupid, but hard on the tranny.Thinking about a Batmo or wicked wheel to fix that. I would like to see them find that... Looking to go with a lift pump next as I drained the fuel rail at wot and 110mph and my fuel filter milage went straight to 0% with only 3000 miles on new Parker/Ranco filter. For the most part I drive like a civilized person but can't resist the urge to flaunt it sometimes. Also no black smoke whatsoever, not to into that as it seem like a waste at the current cost of diesel. All in all I am happy with my 7000lb hot rod when I am not playing family guy pulling my 38ft home away from home.

2009 Silverado 3500 HD CC LWB DRW LTZ 6.6 LMM Edge Evo CTS2, MBRP 3"hot side pipe, 3" down pipe and 4" dpf back cool duals.4 wheel disc slotted and drilled rotors carbon ceramic pads., Dmax store extreme tie rods and extreme diesel sway bar end links.2011 Navi GPS upgrade w/factory USB port in dash.All led upgrade lighting, highs,lows, fogs, interior and bed lighting.2009 Denali wood grain cupholder upgrade.
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 10:01 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Sorry, I know I posted on the wrong thread, but thought it might be relevant since I am smog legal.... for the most part.

2009 Silverado 3500 HD CC LWB DRW LTZ 6.6 LMM Edge Evo CTS2, MBRP 3"hot side pipe, 3" down pipe and 4" dpf back cool duals.4 wheel disc slotted and drilled rotors carbon ceramic pads., Dmax store extreme tie rods and extreme diesel sway bar end links.2011 Navi GPS upgrade w/factory USB port in dash.All led upgrade lighting, highs,lows, fogs, interior and bed lighting.2009 Denali wood grain cupholder upgrade.
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:02 AM

Also, you may want to check your wheel wells periodically. See if there's any Priuses lodged in there.

-
beardedbuilder likes this.

2015 Denali HD
Airdog II 165 Lift Pump
RC Leveling Kit
Toyo Open Country AT II
Exergy FCA / MPROP
Edge CTS2
Fragile CP4
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

hahahahaha

2016 GMC Denali 3500 Hd. Fabtech 4" lift kit with fox shocks, 35" toyo tires, amp power steps, leer camper shell and Fab Fours rack with 2 Rigid 50" light bars
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

ok so I stopped at my normal muffler shop today and they told me they won't put a new tip on my exhaust. I picked up a 7"x18" MBPR black tip and figured since I can't make it sound better at least it doesn't have to look stock. So he said that changing the tip could put out to much heat and melt the rear bumper plastic. does this sound right??

2016 GMC Denali 3500 Hd. Fabtech 4" lift kit with fox shocks, 35" toyo tires, amp power steps, leer camper shell and Fab Fours rack with 2 Rigid 50" light bars
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 05:13 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedbuilder View Post
ok so I stopped at my normal muffler shop today and they told me they won't put a new tip on my exhaust. I picked up a 7"x18" MBPR black tip and figured since I can't make it sound better at least it doesn't have to look stock. So he said that changing the tip could put out to much heat and melt the rear bumper plastic. does this sound right??

Just buy 5 inch inlet tip and bolt it on top of the factory tip. The gaps between the tip and exhaust are there to help cool it during regen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sierraluva likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode