Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

'11 CP3 Conversion

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  1TRIKHD 
#1 ·
So i plan to do the CP3 conversion, i understand the actual CP3 install and whats all involved with that, but my question comes in with, the EGR delete.

What is the best way to do this, full delete kit, do i need (2) up pipes or just the one like shown in this SDP delete kit?
LML Race kit - Screamin Diesel Performance, INC.

But do i have to do the uppipe? I am tuned but not wanting any more horsepower than stock, tune is there really for MPG\

What other things besides the tune for the CP3, anything?

John

#2 ·
You only need the passenger side up pipe, since that is where the EGR pulls off of. You’ve got three options. Either replace it with the one in the kit for a cleaner look, remove the one you have cut off the EGR riser and weld it shut, or put a blocker plate on the riser. Whatever you do, I would advise against the blocker plate, since the bellows in the riser tend to crack when they lose the support of what it’s bolted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Your going that far with doing the CP3 conversion, do it right and replace the up-pipe. A blocker plate will blow out the bellows and I've heard of welded up-pipes breaking. I replaced mine with a new up-pipe. I'm hoping to get my CP3 conversion done in November.

#5 ·
I would stay away from anything on eBay, its all crap and doesn't fit all that well. I would go through a reputable vendor. I went through Lyle @ Wright Brothers Customs out of Texas to get all my delete parts.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.