Anarchy vs PPEI - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Anarchy vs PPEI

I’m getting ready to delete my truck and a local shop that was recommended to me uses Anarchy tunes. The guy who recommended them to me is pretty happy with his tunes but I’ve heard very little about the Anarchy tunes before and know they’re mainly used on Cummins trucks. The shop does it through either EFI or EZ Lynk and he seems to be pretty reasonable on prices as well. I know and have read several threads on people being very happy with their PPEI tuning, so how does the Anarchy tunes stack up against them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 10:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to DuraDust Send a message via MSN to DuraDust Send a message via Yahoo to DuraDust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins109 View Post
Iím getting ready to delete my truck and a local shop that was recommended to me uses Anarchy tunes. The guy who recommended them to me is pretty happy with his tunes but Iíve heard very little about the Anarchy tunes before and know theyíre mainly used on Cummins trucks. The shop does it through either EFI or EZ Lynk and he seems to be pretty reasonable on prices as well. I know and have read several threads on people being very happy with their PPEI tuning, so how does the Anarchy tunes stack up against them?

My son is running an EFI Anarchy single tow tune on his 3500. Hasnít had any issues. Pulls his 42í 5er all over the Rockies. Heís been pleased with it. About a year installed & 15k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007.5 CCSB RAWLINGS EDITION
6" TUFF COUNTRY, FABTECH T/R,
MOOG PITMAN / IDLER / UCA's
18X9 FUEL Maverick's stompin on LT 295/70 18 NITTO Trail Grappler MT's
NESA B/U camera / H/L all on / MBRP DPF back exhaust / CURT XD hitch / RIDE-RITE airbags / F/M antenna hidden
FASS flow enhancer / 15' GM Nerf Bars / Pioneer MVH-1400NEX / Infinity REF-6522ix / Debadged / Cquartz ceramic wheels & H/L
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:34 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

We have Anarchy tunes on the 2011 and the dsp5 switch with no problems and very little smoke, don't know about PPEI tunes on the LML but we had them on an 06 and they were pretty smoky and customer service sucked then.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
We have Anarchy tunes on the 2011 and the dsp5 switch with no problems and very little smoke, don't know about PPEI tunes on the LML but we had them on an 06 and they were pretty smoky and customer service sucked then.
What tunes did yours come with, like what are the power levels Anarchy uses 1-5?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:47 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins109 View Post
What tunes did yours come with, like what are the power levels Anarchy uses 1-5?
Not sure off the top of my head, my son had them put on when he had the delete done I will ask him tonight when he gets home from work he will know.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 08:02 AM

Bump....I just ordered Anarchy tunes for my LML the online sales for the mercenary level 1 said 40-80-110-160/80. when the damn thing showed up the instructions inside said 50-100-150-180 which seems a little hot across the spectrum. I chose Anarchy because of curve of options. I dont know my LML will even hold 100 with out a lift pump.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 10:41 AM

I've not had issues with not having a lift pump with my 120HP tune. I haven't tried the 150HP tune at WOT.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 01:26 PM

PPEI recommends a lift pump for their maxx effort tune on their website, which i think is 200 IIRC. Personally i would have one before i did anything to the truck in efforts for filtration and putting less stress on the CP4 or CP3 depending on if your did the conversion or not.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined or Toyos on OEM wheels. Depends on the day of the week
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 07:28 PM

Well....gotta email cody and try to get a partial refund i guess. I put the exahust on and hooked up the auto cal to find out that it was loaded with the wrong tunes from what i ordered. Other than that the truck ran great. Not a fan of the hissing, my LMM tune would come and go as needed. I liked that.

2008 LMM CCSB LTZ Z71 XYZ DTF LOL WTF BRB AIRBNB G2G BYOB OMG FYI FTW
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 05:18 AM

I'm sure it's an option to choose Hiss or Rumble exhaust tone. I know my original tunes were set to hiss but they fixed that up quickly with a call and email.

It does hiss when cold for a bit, but once the elevated idle turns off, rumble exhaust sound returns.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode