Need help deleting LML - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Need help deleting LML

I sent an email to PPEI asking to purchase a tune for my LML a few days ago and have not heard back yet. I know I can buy the EGR delete from a few different sources and there are numerous options for exhaust to delete the DPF as well. I really don’t know which ones to avoid or advantages of one over the other. The biggest issue is the tune. Is there a secret knock when ordering a tune or a special handshake to get in the door?

I thought about doing the H&S mm just to get the code throwing junk off my truck since I’m ok staying close to a stock tune.

If anyone knows a shop around Little Rock or even Memphis, I could go straight to the source.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:14 AM

Troll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike

2016 Denali
Retrax Bed Cover
SDP High Flow Kit
SDP CP3 Conversion w/Exergy Sportsman
AD4G 100
5" Flo Pro Exhaust
Pro Fab 3" Downpipe
Pro Fab Tow Flow pass up pipe
HSP Traction Bars
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:10 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Flopro exhausts fit great. Stay away from h&s. Get ahold of mark at synthetic motorsports. Tell him Nic sent you.

My name is Nic
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 CCSB LML,
Lil ole single s400, fuel,
supporting mods,
rancher tuned,
Various parts from SDP, WCFAB, LDS, DHD
Wiles Diesel Performance
Woodstock, Va
Contact me For Unleashed Duramax Tuning
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

1. Not a troll.

2. Read a lot about Kory Willis and PPEI and being the way to go, so I was surprised I’ve heard nothing back yet.

3. The H&S mm would be an off the shelf setup I can just buy and delete the extra parts GM installed on my truck. Since I don’t want a crazy tune for power, I didn’t know if a box tune would be fine and possibly wouldn’t see the benefit of a custom tune.

I know there are thousands of threads, I read a lot before signing up. When it comes to actually doing the delete, I’m not sure who to get in touch with.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:53 PM

I just had mine done at Southern Fried Motorsports here in SC. (I know, not the location) I have the H&S b/c it was easy and I deleted all the things (EGR, Cat, DPF) and added exhaust and CAI. I'm using the street tune and holy crap what a difference. My only complaint is that the turbo whistle (more like a whine) is loud...borderline obnoxious. I'm on here tonight looking for a way to quiet it down...good luck!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:28 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Magnaflow muffler or fte resonator.

My name is Nic
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 CCSB LML,
Lil ole single s400, fuel,
supporting mods,
rancher tuned,
Various parts from SDP, WCFAB, LDS, DHD
Wiles Diesel Performance
Woodstock, Va
Contact me For Unleashed Duramax Tuning
[email protected]

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

I have a PPEI EFI Live Autocal and Deviant EGR delete with up pipe waiting to be installed. The exhaust is a P1 SS downpipe back with tip and muffler.

On the tune I went with the 60 hp and TCM based on the recommendation of PPEI. I wanted to buy the FloPro SS860 but couldn’t find one and it seems like the DPF and EGR delete options are a little thin right now.

Sent an email back to PPEI asking if I can run the tune with just the exhaust swapped out. I’m not sure if I’ll get the EGR done this weekend as well since we are on the road until this fall.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Tried to swap the exhaust this weekend. We are not at home so I had gravel, not concrete. I don’t have jack stands, don’t have metal cutting materials, and I do not have any 1/2” sockets.

I’m going to borrow a sawzall or buy a circular saw blade to cut the extension pipe to the correct length.

Before I rent a stall with a lift on Friday, what size sockets do I need? I have a 1/2” breaker bar and 3/8 sockets as well as a 1/2 impact. So far, I know I need a 15mm deep well for the exhaust. What size is the trans cross member?

No, I’m not cutting it out. We move too often to risk needing to buy it all back. I just want to limit the extra tools I need to buy and don’t want to be half way through when I need something I don’t have.

Thanks
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:20 AM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
I have a PPEI EFI Live Autocal and Deviant EGR delete with up pipe waiting to be installed. The exhaust is a P1 SS downpipe back with tip and muffler.

On the tune I went with the 60 hp and TCM based on the recommendation of PPEI. I wanted to buy the FloPro SS860 but couldnít find one and it seems like the DPF and EGR delete options are a little thin right now.

Sent an email back to PPEI asking if I can run the tune with just the exhaust swapped out. Iím not sure if Iíll get the EGR done this weekend as well since we are on the road until this fall.
from the searching i did for my truck, your EGR delete options are basically a Y bridge install. There are or were a couple pre 15.5 block off plate kits still around from deviant and sinister as of a month or two ago but the market is very thin. the Y bridge is expensive, but it will completely remove all of the EGR mess with no block off plates or extra bellows to worry about.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
TCM & ECM Tuning by MotorOps
Y Bridge delete with SS up and down pipes
4" MBRP downpipe back exhaust with muffler
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:27 AM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
Tried to swap the exhaust this weekend. We are not at home so I had gravel, not concrete. I don’t have jack stands, don’t have metal cutting materials, and I do not have any 1/2” sockets.

I’m going to borrow a sawzall or buy a circular saw blade to cut the extension pipe to the correct length.

Before I rent a stall with a lift on Friday, what size sockets do I need? I have a 1/2” breaker bar and 3/8 sockets as well as a 1/2 impact. So far, I know I need a 15mm deep well for the exhaust. What size is the trans cross member?

No, I’m not cutting it out. We move too often to risk needing to buy it all back. I just want to limit the extra tools I need to buy and don’t want to be half way through when I need something I don’t have.

Thanks
Im not sure what size those bolts are, knowing GM, they are probably 15 or maybe 17 or 19 mm but im not sure. The rest of the sockets i used were 8,10,12,13,15, but i didnt pull the cross member. I found having those sizes in 1/4 and 3/8 deep and shallow to be quite helpful. This is what an up pipe bolt does to a 1/2" drive snap on socket.... My point being, if your not at home, it would be a lousy place to have to call it a day part way through.... ask me how i know.
Attached Images

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
TCM & ECM Tuning by MotorOps
Y Bridge delete with SS up and down pipes
4" MBRP downpipe back exhaust with muffler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode