Votes: 21 70.0%
  • not a big deal, things happen

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • YOLO i love aluminum in my valves YUM YUM YUM

Votes: 5 16.7%

New Y bridge

6K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Bluesmoke907 
#1 · (Edited)
Heres my brand new Y bridge fresh out of the bubble wrap. such quality, im just amazed. Called the manufacturer to ask about it, talked to them about it, got blown off. asked about some other issues with delivery, got blown off. So here is what $875.00 and 3 weeks of hand made glory gets you. Be careful who you buy from, and inspect your parts. This is already powdercoated, shrink wrapped and bubble wrapped in a box. This part was ready for installation as shown. This is not an ebay / amazon part either, it was ordered from one of the big names.

Edit: if you can not tell, those are metal chips from the milling process left in the runner of the bridge that some how survived manufacturing, welding, powerdercoating, inspection and shipping.

Light Water Room Glass

See less See more
#4 ·
an we see more pics of the y bridge?side,top shots

#7 ·
Just to be clear, i am fully capable of shooting some compressed air through a tube, i just feel the manufacturer should also be capable of this. Ill grab some pictures of the rest of it, all in all it looks nice from the outside. I already cleaned the bridge out because knowing my luck id forget and end up with metal in the engine anyway...

In case you cannot tell my frustration comes out as sarcastic humor.

#8 ·
curious to hear more about this considering WC Fab push on the market. Any more pictures or details? Was it debris from shipping or powder coating?

#10 · (Edited)
these are some of the chips from inside the intake. They appear to be from milling the faces on the bridge.

Skin Water Close-up Hand Neck

Always check new stuff, clean it and move on. they make quality stuff, don't get your panties in a bunch.

i just feel like when you purchase a high quality performance part from a company that makes an effort to tell everyone they are the best that the part should come in a serviceable condition and should not require additional cleanup or modification.

#9 ·
Always check new stuff, clean it and move on. they make quality stuff, don't get your panties in a bunch.

#11 ·
Unacceptable! I don't mind paying more for "quality" or "service" and I understand that sometimes sh!t happens, but step up and correct it with excellent customer service. They should've apologized and had a new one in the mail asap, instead they chose not to. That goes to show that it is about the bottom line for that company. Shame on them! I would boycott that business. I hope they don't get another dime from any member on this forum.

#12 ·
i got a minimal effort apology and nothing more. due to my need for the part, since my truck cant really be driven right now, i would have turned down a replacement part since I'm capable of cleaning it, however the offer would have helped restore some faith in there company at least. It was not offered though.

#14 ·
Well, the last part should hopefully be here today, i was told there was a 5-7 day shipping estimate and today's day 7 so if all goes well i should be able to get around to installing everything this weekend. Ill take pictures of all the hardware then for those who have asked.

#18 ·
i am not aware of one, if there is one they have not said anything to me. I think the kit is overall well made. There are some things im not happy about, but i feel like it is 100% serviceable. I do feel like there customer support side of things could be better and i still think people should see this so they check there parts on arrival, that goes for any manufacturer because im sure its not just WC fab thats busy. I am still of the mind that there is no reason this should have shipped like this, but i feel like the parts are of good quality overall.

I've seen/installed/ordered/ alot of wcfab kits and personally run one. I've never seen anything like that so I dont think its the norm. With ucc coming up it could have been a rush job or just an oversight. Not taking away from j83 experience it definitely sucks.

My understanding is that the the parts were requested to be processed as fast as possible due to the issues with my truck (more on that later). As far as i am aware, the parts i received were shipped within the standard estimate so i dont think it was built as a priority, but i could be wrong. Either way, still not really an excuse for metal shavings in a finished part. I am sure that they usually dont look like that, i just wanted people to be aware in case it might save someones engine.

as for the truck, i found out what the issue actually was. EGR system is fine, nice dry carbon inside, no steam cleaning or goo. so the dealer misdiagnosed the truck. Makes sense since they couldent even tell me what codes were set. Turns out the PO installed a pass brake that interrupts the intake to kill the truck as a runaway guard. Not sure why they did this but it was there when i bought it. Anyway, apparently the guy couldent find the right boots and clamps so he just cranked the clamp down to max and called it a day. turns out the boot was way over sized, and even with the clamp maxed out it could spin. No idea how it made it this long without blowing apart, but the whole issue was just a boost leak. (couldent see the lower pipe until i started pulling the truck apart for the delete.) The trucks most of the way apart, just have the up pipe and the down pipe tab bolt to take off. Called it a day when i rounded out a snap on socket on a up pipe bolt....

#17 ·
I've seen/installed/ordered/ alot of wcfab kits and personally run one. I've never seen anything like that so I dont think its the norm. With ucc coming up it could have been a rush job or just an oversight. Not taking away from j83 experience it definitely sucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.