LML CP3 Conversion - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

5Likes
  • 1 Post By 1TRIKHD
  • 2 Post By SilverGorillaLML
  • 1 Post By SilverGorillaLML
  • 1 Post By Dm23

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

LML CP3 Conversion

Hello, I am need not some advice. I have searched and searched and searched and couldn't find the answers that I feel would help me make the correct decision. I have a 13 lml that's tuned and deleted and want to do the CP3 conversion. I am trying to decide between a Cp3 or 10mm Cp3. Reliability is main reason for the conversion since my warranty has expired but would like to see some performance benefits. The questions I have:
1. What is the max HP a standard Cp3 can make in an LML?
2. Would simply changing the Cp3 (not adding turbo or anything else) increase performance?
3. If the Cp3 does increase performance, would I see any additional increase by going with a 10mm without changing anything else?
The only additional wish list items I have for the motor is a drop in (stealth) turbo at some pint in time. I appreciate any insight on this!
Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:47 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonhoff View Post
Hello, I am need not some advice. I have searched and searched and searched and couldn't find the answers that I feel would help me make the correct decision. I have a 13 lml that's tuned and deleted and want to do the CP3 conversion. I am trying to decide between a Cp3 or 10mm Cp3. Reliability is main reason for the conversion since my warranty has expired but would like to see some performance benefits. The questions I have:

1. What is the max HP a standard Cp3 can make in an LML?

2. Would simply changing the Cp3 (not adding turbo or anything else) increase performance?

3. If the Cp3 does increase performance, would I see any additional increase by going with a 10mm without changing anything else?

The only additional wish list items I have for the motor is a drop in (stealth) turbo at some pint in time. I appreciate any insight on this!

Thanks!!!
This is what I would do if I was in your shoes.
http://www.sdptwins.com/exergy-sport...onversion-kit/
Give Scott a call and he can answer all the questions you have pertaining to your needs as far as reliability and performance.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
CDmax16 likes this.

2006 Victory Red CCLB LT3 LBZ
Tuned by Blake Crenshaw
SDP Fully Built Trans w/ Billet Goerend G Converter
S472 SX-E.87/1.0ar sitting on a Wagler street intake W/ a twisted pedestal
Stock Sticks
Special thanks to Scott with Screaming Diesel Performance
Blake with Unleashed Duramax tuning
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 04:26 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Stock lbz or lmm cp3 and sportsman will do mid 600s depending on tuner and injectors. A 10mm will do 800s. So if you have that power goal in mind go with a 10mm. It doesnt sound like it so get a stock, cp3k or sportsman pump. All the cp3k and sportsman do is fuel past 3200 rpm which is where a stock cp3 falls off.
Rethink your stealth turbo. They're shit. Know plenty of guys who have destroyed them in less than 10k miles and know a guy who just put one on and is already pushing oil. Go with a modded vgt from mark at danvile performance. Best vgts they make hands down no questions about it.
1TRIKHD and CDmax16 like this.

My name is Nic
2012 qcsb 6.8L cummins, Big single, Big fuel, 48re swapped,
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 CCSB LML,
BIG s400, fuel, supporting mods
THANKS TO, SDP, WCFAB, LDS, DHD, FREEDOM RACING ENGINES, GDP, EXERGY, S&S, ATS, FLEECE, DEALER FOR UNLEASHED TUNING.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:24 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorillaLML View Post
Stock lbz or lmm cp3 and sportsman will do mid 600s depending on tuner and injectors. A 10mm will do 800s. So if you have that power goal in mind go with a 10mm. It doesnt sound like it so get a stock, cp3k or sportsman pump. All the cp3k and sportsman do is fuel past 3200 rpm which is where a stock cp3 falls off.
Rethink your stealth turbo. They're shit. Know plenty of guys who have destroyed them in less than 10k miles and know a guy who just put one on and is already pushing oil. Go with a modded vgt from mark at danvile performance. Best vgts they make hands down no questions about it.
I agree also with Nic on the vgt turbos from Danville.

2006 Victory Red CCLB LT3 LBZ
Tuned by Blake Crenshaw
SDP Fully Built Trans w/ Billet Goerend G Converter
S472 SX-E.87/1.0ar sitting on a Wagler street intake W/ a twisted pedestal
Stock Sticks
Special thanks to Scott with Screaming Diesel Performance
Blake with Unleashed Duramax tuning
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:35 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TRIKHD View Post
I agree also with Nic on the vgt turbos from Danville.

Well of course you do russ I'm always right duh
1TRIKHD likes this.

My name is Nic
THANKS TO, SDP, WCFAB, LDS, DHD, FREEDOM RACING ENGINES, GDP, EXERGY, S&S, ATS, FLEECE, DEALER FOR UNLEASHED TUNING.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Thank for the reply’s I really appreciate the insight and feedback. I will most definitely be looking at the Danville! Is a cp3 sufficient for that turbo or is a 10mm. Thanks!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:10 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Thank for the replyís I really appreciate the insight and feedback. I will most definitely be looking at the Danville! Is a cp3 sufficient for that turbo or is a 10mm. Thanks!
Like Russ said earlier, I think the Exergy Sportsman with the SDP kit will work perfect for what you have now and when you put a Danville turbo in later.

2016 2500hd Custom Sport, Z71, LTZ
Leveled with Moto 961's and 295/70\18 Ridge Grapplers,Amp steps, Weathertech mats, Extang Encore,S&B dry,
Wehrli intake bridge and AFE IC piping,Edge Insight cts2, AirDog II 165,SDP resonator delete, Mishimoto pcv catch can,Motorops TCM+ tuning, MBRP down pipe,Recon led tail lights and third brake light, Morimoto mini D2S 5.0 projectors w/hidís, Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 ledís highs and fogs.
Kryptonite ucaís & tie rod sleeves, CCM diff drop,Fox 2.0 reservoirs, steering stabilizer, CalTracs,
Cognito PISK and heavy duty sway bar links, AirLift bags...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:12 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Thank for the replyís I really appreciate the insight and feedback. I will most definitely be looking at the Danville! Is a cp3 sufficient for that turbo or is a 10mm. Thanks!
Stock cp3 or sportsman will be fine

My name is Nic
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:24 PM

Just did the cp3 conversion on my LML. Along with Danville’s 65mm. I went with Fleeces PowerFlo 750 10mm pump. So far so good. 👍🏻
Kdogc10 likes this.

White 2012 2500HD LTZ Crew cab Short bed, 5" Mbrp W/O Muffler down pipe back,PPEI by Kory Willis,Rhino Lining,Diamond Eye DownPipe,FASS Titnium Series 165gph, Wehrli Custom Fab Intake bundle EGR Delete, PCV-reroute

GarrettHeyyaa
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:27 PM

If you plan on doing the cp3 yourself there’s a thread on here from a few years back that helped me out with the installation. Also truck trend did a write up as well. Both were very informative.

White 2012 2500HD LTZ Crew cab Short bed, 5" Mbrp W/O Muffler down pipe back,PPEI by Kory Willis,Rhino Lining,Diamond Eye DownPipe,FASS Titnium Series 165gph, Wehrli Custom Fab Intake bundle EGR Delete, PCV-reroute

GarrettHeyyaa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode