16 LML S366 Kit 10mm CP3 Pro Fab Goodies - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

16 LML S366 Kit 10mm CP3 Pro Fab Goodies

Well guys I figured I'd share a little review of my current truck set up in case some of you out there are thinking about going this route. I got a 16 LML that I decided to put a Wehrli S366 SXE kit, 10mm CP3 w/ Wehrli Race conversion, & Pro Fab Manifold and Up-pipes. I did not do the install on these components so i have no feedback on that as i trust my abilities to wrench to a certain extent, but the Fleece youtube video of the CP3 conversion gave me nightmares so I decided to let a local shop do the install where the owner is running the same set up above but with a S484 compounded over the S366.

My first impressions when picking the truck up was that it finally had that deep rumble sound like a diesel is supposed to sound. The truck sounded amazing at idle all they to WOT. The only downfall was drone since i was straight piped at the time. Holy wow was it bad, not even a comparison to the stock turbo. I installed a 17" FTE resonator a week later so i no longer have that issue thank god.

Turbo spool of the S366 SXE is pretty dang good compared to the stock turbo. I can tell it spools slightly slower than the stock turbo, but it is not much at all. The truck does smoke a fair amount until the turbo spools when getting on it from a stop or rolling into it, but clears up well once it lights. Power wise the set up is pretty stout for a daily driver/budget street truck compared to some kits on the market. I plan on compounding the S366 down the road, which is why I went with the 66 over the 69 and a little quicker spool. If you are looking for a S300 single application and not really worried about towing heavily and just want a fun street set up with $$$ in mind i wouldn't be scared to go the S369 route with the way the 66 spools.

Temperature wise at WOT i see the EGT gauge on the Edge max out just over 1400-1450 ish, Cruising EGTs around 60-65 are around 750ish with 1-2lbs of boost. Overall I am very impressed with the way this set up performs and the quality of all the products and powder coating involved. The plan for the truck is to have the trans built and 60% injectors then if im still wanting more put the big brotha S484 in the mix then start buying motor aprts . If anyone is wanting anymore information i didnt touch on let me know and i can try and get some videos or answer any questions you have.
Attached Images

Treble and Scott1979 like this.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion Race series with 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 06:04 AM

very nice !!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:11 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

I like your piping combo man. Looks good. Getting fixed vanes to spool well is all in the ecm n tcm tuning along with your fueling. My big s400 spools better than a friends s369 and its much bigger lol.

My name is Nic
2012 qcsb 6.8L cummins, 48re swapped, ratchet shifter with pcs vb
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 CCSB LML,
Lil ole single s400, fuel,
supporting mods,
rancher tuned,
Various parts from SDP, WCFAB, LDS, DHD, FREEDOM RACING ENGINES GDP, EXERGY, ATS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorillaLML View Post
I like your piping combo man. Looks good. Getting fixed vanes to spool well is all in the ecm n tcm tuning along with your fueling. My big s400 spools better than a friends s369 and its much bigger lol.
Thanks man I'm not sure what was a harder decision the turbo set up or powder coat colors. I honestly went back and forth for 6-8 months on going a S300 or S400 in the valley. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do compounds or a big single. I've never had compounds before and based off everything I've read on the forums they are the best for all around so I figured I'd start with the S300 for now and work up to the S484. The only thing that worries me is the exhaust side of the S300 being a little too tight once I get up to the higher HP #'s. The plan is to be around 8-850.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100 all-around
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:31 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

That 66 will be fine in the 8 to 850 hp range with a properly specd atmo charger. I would do a billet 480 or s476sxe with 96 turbine and 1.32 ar or 1.16 if you want it to spool super fast. I looked at colors for way to long and got something no one around here has. Only to pull into my friends shop to see his 70s cc painted the same color with a 66 480 kit the same color too lol. Great minds think alike I guess haha.

My name is Nic
supporting mods,
rancher tuned,
Various parts from SDP, WCFAB, LDS, DHD, FREEDOM RACING ENGINES GDP, EXERGY, ATS.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

The S476SXE may not be a bad shout at all. More than capable of supporting my HP goals and would spool quicker than the S480 and still have power on the top. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm trying to build a set up that can be very reliable and also be a DD and still haul ass. I know that bigger injectors and more fueling to match the air is crucial and also apparently "safer" on the motor in regards to tuning with the timing & pulse width of the injectors, but I don't fully understand how in relation to the internals of the motor. Can someone shed some light on this for me.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100 all-around
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:34 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

When you start pushing higher pulsewidth with stock injectors they start to spray outside the bowl of the pistons which will create more heat and cylinder pressures and eventually lead to creating weak spots and cracking. They start spraying fuel outside the optimal window and start chasing the piston with the shot of fuel which creates heat and cylinder pressure also. My opinion is to run big injectors with less pw and timing. My builds I usually try to have alot of air with enough fuel to run less than 2500us on the biggest tune. That way the injectors are working at say 50 to 60% of what they could be instead of 80 to 100% with your goals I would definitely start saving for a built bottom end. Compounds or a fast spooling single are harder on the stock rods because or the torque that comes with them on the lower end of the rpm band. Torque is what bends rods, heat, cylinder pressure, with fuel spraying outside the bowl is what cracks pistons along with a not so great design in the first place. I'd suggest crower or carillo rods, with fingers oval bowl pistons for a very stout bottom end if funds allow. You could probabaly get away with lbz rods with cut lb7 lly pistons for awhile at 6 to 800 with a big single. The lbz rods are still only about 15%stronger than lb7 or lly ones. If mine goes before I'm ready I'm going to stick a stock lb7 or lly bottom end in it or maybe delip some lb7 lly pistons with lbz rods and run that for awhile. Sorry this post is all over the place i got a teething 4 month old crying and a 4 year old yelling at me about bedtime

My name is Nic
supporting mods,
rancher tuned,
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Its all good man thanks for the reply back and sharing the knowledge. I know at some point im going to have to build the motor at those levels, just hoping its on my time when i want to build it and not forced too haha. Hopefully i can make it til the end of the year beginning of next for trans and injectors since i just got everything installed about a month ago and just bought an engagement ring so funds need to be replenished at the moment haha

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100 all-around
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:45 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

You definitely save alot of money when installing yourself if that's an option for you. I know the feeling of replenishing funds. I'm building this truck, another with a friend, buying a house, re doing a shop, and supporting 4 people on 1 income right now. My girl jokingly said something about when I was going to put a ring on it the other day in a text and I sent her a meme saying no rings for you I'm building a race truck . I'm glad shes got a sense of humor and doesnt care what I spend as long as the Bill's are paid, kids fed and happy, and were living comfortably.

My name is Nic
supporting mods,
rancher tuned,
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

LMAO I did the same thing with a meme except the one i sent was i bought her a ring so she bought me a turbo. Bless her heart she was actually going to do it for me, but that 10% sale on alligator performance website a couple months back wasn't allowing me to wait that long haha.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100 all-around
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode