New here and new to diesels. Need advice on delete - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

New here and new to diesels. Need advice on delete

Hey fellas. I’m entirely new here to the forum and new to diesels. I know my way around a vehicle and a wrench but not like most of you probably are. Even if I could be pointed to a forum that would answer my question I’d appreciate it. But I want to delete my 15.5 lml and am not sure how I want to do it. A friend of mine who was a diesel mechanic said if he were to do his truck again he would have done dpf delete and blocker plates on the egr along with the other simple upgrades. However he did the full delete and went even further by doing a cp3 swap and a new turbo and what not. I’m not looking at going that far. Just wanting to add a lift pump along with deletes and exhaust. Any words of advice as to which was to go? Thanks in advance fellas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:58 PM

My advice is to do the cp3, dpf delete, full egr delete, ez lynk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:58 PM

Unless you want to roll the dice.... and thats fine too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 03:17 PM

In a perfect world if money is not an issue I'd do what your buddy did besides the turbo upgrade if you want a jam up LML deleted truck. He removed all the emissions completely & not just block it off and took care of the dreaded CP4, but at a minimum I'd do a 95gph lift pump, egr delete w new up pipe, full exhaust & ez lynk tuning. Really just depends on how far you want to go with it and how much you're willing to spend. I have a brand new stainless wehrli 3 bolt down pipe with heat wrap on it if you're interested in it. I can make ya a sweet deal since its just sitting in my garage.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion Race series with 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 04:26 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

My advice to you is to First, Maintain the truck, then if you wish, Delete whatever you decide.

Here is a thread to help with the maintenance:

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/m...ew-owners.html

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, MBRP Downpipe back 4" exhaust with muffler and FTE 30" resonator/muffler, Sinister EGR Delete, Tuned but wont say who did it, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I was looking at the 165gph lift pump. May be overkill but that’s also what he has. He’s soaked a ton of money in it. I’d like to do the same thing it’s just I have my first kid on the way and she’ll be here in late November. So I’m also trying to get ready for her. Just trying to do it soon so it’s done before then. He was telling me that the egr has to be out in order to do the cp3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode