Excessive regens leading to delete... what to expect??? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sierraluva
  • 2 Post By SilverGorillaLML
  • 1 Post By Big Daddy Yum Yum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Excessive regens leading to delete... what to expect???

So here's where I'm at... my '11 LML (93k mile) gets horrible mileage (11-12 ave) and regens <200 miles. From my research, I'm finding it could be a bad 9th injector, the DPF is going bad, the pressure sensor is bad, or the injectors are "leaking" causing more soot. Regardless, no codes are thrown and no other issues are apparent. Lots of reason are leading me to head down the path of driving down that extremely bumpy road until all that emissions stuff falls off...

That being said, what are all your experiences after deleting that had similar situations? One of my main concerns is if it is an injector issue causing the excessive regens, and they are dumping more fuel than needed, than regardless of what "clean" tune I get, I could end up blowing a lot of black smoke, which is not what I'm after... I want engine reliability and longevity, plain and simple!

(See sig for current upgrades... next upgrade would be WcFab Y-bridge Kit if the EGR happens to fall off that bumpy back road)

Thanks for your input!

2011 Chevy 2500HD LT 4x4 LML
S&B Cold Air Intake
Sinister Intake Bridge w/ Resonator Delete
WcFab Hot Side IC Pipe
Fleece PCV Block Off w/ Reroute
FASS 165 Lift Pump
Beans Sump
Edge CTS Insight
3" Leveling Kit
285/75R17 Nitto Grappler G2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:06 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
What to expect you say....Awesomeness.

I average 18mpg combined hwy/local roads. I drive at 80 most of the time.

When I deleted, Blackstone labs said I should start changing my oil at 9600 mile intervals. (Previously 6k) They said it looked amazing compared to last sample. ������
sfanello likes this.

EFILive by RidgeRunner. 🤘 Fuel system support hardware, CCM front Diff Drop, some LEDs to make night into day, got some big ol 20's and wide ass tires and a nice display to show me what's up under the hood-

2012GMC2500CCSB
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:04 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Most likely 9th injector issue. The lml injectors are very solid and return much less fuel than previous years. Just go with a reputable tuner and you will be very happy. My 11 had the same issues when it was stock.

My name is Nic
2012 qcsb 6.8L cummins, Big single, Big fuel, 48re swapped,
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 CCSB LML,
BIG s400, fuel, supporting mods
THANKS TO, SDP, WCFAB, LDS, DHD, FREEDOM RACING ENGINES, GDP, EXERGY, S&S, ATS, FLEECE, DEALER FOR UNLEASHED TUNING.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorillaLML View Post
Most likely 9th injector issue. The lml injectors are very solid and return much less fuel than previous years. Just go with a reputable tuner and you will be very happy. My 11 had the same issues when it was stock.
@SilverGorillaLML - Did you notice more black smoke than expected after you were no longer stock?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:05 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

You wont have hardly any smoke unless you're lugging the motor under boost or a puff under heavy acceleration. Depends on the tuning also.
Sierraluva and sfanello like this.

My name is Nic
2012 qcsb 6.8L cummins, Big single, Big fuel, 48re swapped,
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 CCSB LML,
BIG s400, fuel, supporting mods
THANKS TO, SDP, WCFAB, LDS, DHD, FREEDOM RACING ENGINES, GDP, EXERGY, S&S, ATS, FLEECE, DEALER FOR UNLEASHED TUNING.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 12:59 PM

i deleted and i was nervous but now that it is done i can say it was the best thing i could have done for my truck.

On highway i can get 23-26mph running 80 unloaded, no smoke unless i stomp it, sounds a lot better and more responsive. Plus no def regins and decreased mpg and i can idle all day without worrying about clogging anything.
sfanello likes this.

2015 Duramax LmL
5" exhaust no Muffler
PPEI 5 stage Tuner
Fass 150 lift With Sump
Edge Insight cts2 With EGT Probe
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 03:23 AM
DF Sponsors

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mrmanners
Sounds like the 9th injector. You can expect increased performance, responsiveness and in most instances a bump in fuel economy. Everyone's is different and it all depends on how heavy your right foot is. As far as smoke goes, most reputable tuners today are tuning these trucks to be a clean as possible. You will get a puff a smoke if you romp on it but it should clear up within a couple of seconds. If that is not the case you should work with the tuner through data logs to see what might be going on with your specific setup to see if it needs to be dialed in in some way..

If I can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode