2015 lml full delete - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

2015 lml full delete

Indirect injector problems and about to hit 120k miles so decided it’s time for a full delete. I have an 07.5 lmm that had a egr,dpf, and PCv reroute with a 5 tune efi. I’m looking to do something similar and need some advice on where to buy from since atp is no longer an option. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated.

2007.5 LMM EXT/LB w/ 6-speed Allison -- All Stock

Projects I'm about to work on:
EGR Delete with Profab Tube
PCV Re-route
DPF delete with turbo back Diamond Eye 4"
EFI Live 5 switch tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:39 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post
Indirect injector problems and about to hit 120k miles so decided it’s time for a full delete. I have an 07.5 lmm that had a egr,dpf, and PCv reroute with a 5 tune efi. I’m looking to do something similar and need some advice on where to buy from since atp is no longer an option. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated.
I ordered all my hardware and tune through Motor ops, it was convenient paying 1 person 1 price and having everything delivered to my door. one thing to note on the 15 trucks that is different than other years is its a split year, early 15's have different heater core connections than the late 15 trucks so you will want to know this before choosing what delete to get. i dont remember what the cutoff month for the split is, if you have a down pipe with a 3 bolt flange instead of a VBand you have a late model, otherwise its likely an early 15.

hardware for the early 15 is easier to find in my experience than the late 15, like i have. If you have a late 15 you may have more limitations in kit availability.

You have 3 directions you can go:

Option 1:
Leave everything but the DPF on the truck, the tune will disable it all, and you replace the DPF with a straight pipe. Lowest cost option, some downsides to this but on an LML nothing major. You will just disconnect the EGR after tuning.

Option 2:
Blocker plates and EGR removal. This is probably the middle of the road option as it gets the parts off the engine and positively blocks off the ports so valves cant be blown open, even though that is unlikely. If you go this route you should still buy an LB7 or similar up pipe, as having the ERG bypass pipe blocked off and unsecured will likely result in the failure of the up pipe at the bellows over time.

Option 3:
Y bridge kit to remove all the hardware. This will get rid of the most emissions hardware, and gives you the best look and power but it comes at the highest cost. This will typically replace the cold side IC tube (junk plastic tube) and delete the throttle plate and intake grid heater in addition to the rest of the emissions system. This is the route i went and i have no complaints besides the weight reduction to the wallet.

Edit:

Additional considerations, If you have a late 15, make sure that whoever your ordering from knows that so they can sell you the correct down pipe, and exhaust, or an exhaust kit that will fit the flange. If you order a VBand down pipe and exhaust like i did, you will ALSO need to order a clamp for the down pipe to the exhaust as its not included since it re-uses the factory part that is not present on the late 15. The clamp is about 90$ from the dealer so best to get it before paying extortion prices for it if you need it. Ask me how i know about that dealership price....

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
TCM & ECM Tuning by MotorOps
Y Bridge delete with SS up and down pipes
4" MBRP downpipe back exhaust with muffler

Last edited by J83; 09-04-2019 at 02:42 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply. I typically go with whatever is best, in this case option 3. I have an lmm that I did a few years back and I think almost everything came from ATP with the exception of the profab pipe. I’ll checkout the company you listed, I prefer to deal with one company as well usually. Did you plug the 9th injector and delete the DEF as well?

2007.5 LMM EXT/LB w/ 6-speed Allison -- All Stock

Projects I'm about to work on:
EGR Delete with Profab Tube
PCV Re-route
DPF delete with turbo back Diamond Eye 4"
EFI Live 5 switch tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post
Thank you for the reply. I typically go with whatever is best, in this case option 3. I have an lmm that I did a few years back and I think almost everything came from ATP with the exception of the profab pipe. Iíll checkout the company you listed, I prefer to deal with one company as well usually. Did you plug the 9th injector and delete the DEF as well?
yes, i replaced the downpipe though so there were no ports to plug. Figured the cost of a down pipe was pennies compared to the rest of the parts and that saved me the hassle of having to deal with the ports and such. Also my factory down pipe had the flange on it which is not compatible with many of the exhaust systems out there.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
TCM & ECM Tuning by MotorOps
Y Bridge delete with SS up and down pipes
4" MBRP downpipe back exhaust with muffler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in