Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Texas Hot Shot Drivers Can I Delete???
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
v8sten

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfaucett View Post
I have an lml and it's stealth deleted (appears stock underneath) I'm also dot and have never been hassled. I can hook you up with tunes and advice on how to perform the stealth delete if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I Have been thinking about this, I have a friend with a gutted DPF sitting in his shop right now. I was thinking of building a bi-mode muffler inside the original DPF and a resonator out of the Cat. A little history on me. I build 3" Modded Corvette mufflers. I cut the original mufflers completely apart and completely rebuild them to free up the restriction inside the muffler and make it sound louder and better than factory. Then on the quiet side, make it quieter than factory. Since starting this I have an understanding on how mufflers work and how sound waves work. I have an idea on how to build a bi-mode muffler with the original DPF housing. I just gotta source a 4" valve. So i can have the free flow and sound of a straight pipe and have the nice quiet side when i want it to be quiet.

here is a video of my old Z06 with these mufflers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.M. View Post
^^^ this fellow can get you some of the best tunes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when the time comes i will consider this.

2011 GMC 3500HD Denali 4x4 Dually

- All stock mechanically (for now)
- AirRide Helper air bags
- B&W Turn-Over Ball Goose Neck
- 75 gallon aux fuel tank

DRW Club Member #323
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11...d-process.html

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome