Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Mass members???

69K views 716 replies 113 participants last post by  DMax_Nate 
#1 ·
hey guys who on here is from mass?! i never see anyone on here from mass. im in kingston near plymouth where you guys at?!

#35 ·
So this was your first year, nice. Deckie, Engine, or something else?

#38 ·
Spent about a week in Malden... picked up some contaminated fuel in NH on my way back from NYC.... $5000.00 dollars later on my truck and a week in hotels. Loved the scenery though!

#46 ·
East or west? I'm about a half hour out of springfield heading east.

#41 ·
In CT it's just a sniffer in the tail pipe. No visual inspection or checking for codes. I think the MA inspections are the same

#42 ·
I have a MA Inspectors License. Anything under 10k GVW only has to pass safety inspection, there are no emissions testing unless you have an LMM or newer. Then it's just plugging in OBDII and checking for codes. 6.6TD I see that you have an LBZ so you have nothing to worry about unless the inspector is a real dick.

#43 ·
And Odyssey, Marine Engine is definitely the way to go, that's what my brother did. He was actually on the cruise this winter as a paid 3rd.

#47 ·
He was on the Kennedy with us this past winter? I probably stood a watch with him.

#45 ·
I do state insp also. Yeah you shouldn't have anything to worry about like above post. No emissions under 10k. Safety only.

#49 ·
South Hadley

I am picking up my new 2011 Duramax today at Central Chevrolet. Can't wait. I've had two fords diesels, 1987 F250 6.9 and a 1999 F350 7.3. I liked the older 6.9 and the 7.3 was stronger, but what a pig on fuel. The 99 also rotted out the oil pan, rear differential and fuel fill neck, along with all the brake lines. Ford told me " Oh well, buy a new one" I did, a new Duramax! I am glad to find this forum and looking to get a little better fuel milage from the Duramax. I have always been a chevy guy, just strayed for a while. :rofl

#50 ·
Welcome to the forum. The 2011 will be a very nice change to what you are used to. Much more power, comfort and efficiency.

#52 ·
I grew up in Leicester. Still go to worcester alot.

#54 · (Edited)
The Northeast Diesel Gettogether will be happening up in Mass. this year.
Scott , owner of MASS DIESEL and a long time supporter of the NEDGT volunteered to host the event this year, and it will be up there helping him celebrate his grand opening of his new facility.
I don't have any details right now , since he is busy moving. Will post as soon as I know.
Scott's new place will be in Bellingham.Scott at MASS DIESEL will not be into his new place until August. Yes its in Bellingham.

Scott has been a long time supporter of Northeast Diesel Gettogether, and graciously offered
to host this year since I cannot.

I will post details as soon as I get them, and expect to happen mid fall.
Hopefully we will have a great turnout from all over New England.

Unlike large truck shows like Carlisle or New England Dragway the NEDGT gettogether and meet and greets provide the opportunity to meet the truck owner and see their truck, put faces with screen names and make friends.

#59 ·
The Northeast Diesel Gettogether will be happening up in Mass. this year.
Scott , owner of MASS DIESEL and a long time supporter of the NEDGT volunteered to host the event this year, and it will be up there helping him celebrate his grand opening of his new facility.
I don't have any details right now , since he is busy moving. Will post as soon as I know.
Scott's new place will be in Bellingham.Scott at MASS DIESEL will not be into his new place until August. Yes its in Bellingham.

Scott has been a long time supporter of Northeast Diesel Gettogether, and graciously offered
to host this year since I cannot.

I will post details as soon as I get them, and expect to happen mid fall.
Hopefully we will have a great turnout from all over New England.

Unlike large truck shows like Carlisle or New England Dragway the NEDGT gettogether and meet and greets provide the opportunity to meet the truck owner and see their truck, put faces with screen names and make friends.
I'd definately be in!

#56 ·
Sounds great. I will definitly have to make plans on getting there this year.

#58 ·
Currently Live in Littleton, MA Moving To Gardner, MA and Work In Westford MA

#67 ·
central mass

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.