Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum - View Single Post - 2004 silverado 2500hd 6.6 swap
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 08:03 AM
407driver
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeceryd88 View Post
I have a 2004 Silverado 2500hd 6.0 vortec 4wd. I have been considering buying a duramax same year but all diesel trucks are crazy expensive. My second thought was to buy doner truck same year and body and swapping the engines. What I'm looking to know is how difficult would It really be to swap it out considering the two trucks are very similar. And if it would be worth it. Thank you everyone in advance
At the very least you would end up swapping out he entire Engine, Transmission, Fuel System, Engine and transmission wiring harness's ECM, TCM, Glow Plug Controller, the entire fuse box under the hood, rear Drive shaft Rear Differential, Transmission Cooler, Intercooler and probably the radiator etc.

Im sure there are more that you will have to swap that I do not know about.

If you attempt it it will be a MAJOR undertaking

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.

Last edited by 407driver; 11-18-2018 at 08:14 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome