Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum - View Single Post - BFG A/T KO2 DT reviews
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 10:44 PM
Babyhauler
DuramaxForum Veteran

Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT's were installed last week to replace slick Firestone Destination AT with 23k miles. The Coopers seemed to have a lot of good reviews on 3/4 ton trucks with diesels. They have several models with 50k mile warranty.

I got 24K miles on BFG TA KO before that. Not KO2's, but close enough for me not to get KO2's. I really like the look of BFG's. Both sets were probably killed from trailer hauling inflation while running empty between hauling back to next job. The heat down here does not help loaded tires last long.

I have not heard of the DT model, but maybe it will last. I would not trust it in their first model.

A trailer of some type is usually behind me. Usually, the 20 ft enclosed with 2 mowers, about 7500 lbs or the gooseneck with tractor which totals about 10-11k. 6,000 on rear axle w GN. Most driving is close to home in neighborhoods and surface roads in outer suburban areas. Total miles of only 12,400 mi in '18 and 11,600 in '17. Lots of starting and stopping in traffic.

Good luck and let us know what you get.

Andy
2004 2500HD LB7, Crew Cab LT, 4 x 4, 252,000 mi, CTS2, MBRP exhaust dual outlet, no cat, PowerStop Brake Kit, B & W Turn over ball, Air Bags, CamLocker toolbox, 265/75-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3, 3rd set of injectors at 205K mi. 4th set inj Oct 2019, Lincoln Diesel 45% over SAC inj. New head gaskets & studs. New Turbo.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome