Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Banks Intake and Exhaust on the Way
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
UTEngineer
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_tech_02 View Post
For those getting this Banks intake, can you show me the area that sits against the fender? The factory box has a small rectangle letting air in, and I believe that is because it wants more of the hood air. I am curious if Banks pulls air from the fender. I am curious what the banks kits fender opening looks like compared to the factory air box.
The Banks intake has three inlets: top = hood (scoop), side = quarter panel (fender), bottom = wheel well.

Square opening in the side of the air box is slightly larger than the stock air box, and definitely larger than the square hole in the fender ... so fender opening limits flow.

The largest opening is the one on the bottom of the air box pulling from the wheel well ... and this opening is significantly larger than the stock opening ... and is not restricted by the opening size in the wheel well ... which is actually larger than the air box opening.

Also ... the Banks intake filter surface area is enormous compared to the stock filter ... massive is good word to describe the filter.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax (L5P) Crew Cab 4x4 SRW Standard Box High Country Loaded w/ Rear Entertainment Package, Fabtech 4 Suspension Lift w/ Heavy Duty Tie Rods, 35 Tires on 18x8.5 Vision Valor Wheels, Luverne Grille Guard w/ Parking Sensor Relocation Kit, Rhino Roll Bar (Sport Bar 2.0) w/ 8 Hella Off-Road Lights, Banks Derringer / iDash / Intake / DPF Back Exhaust, Fabtech Stealth Shocks w/ Front Limit Straps, Front & Rear Hellwig Sway Bars, Airlift Air Bags w/ Wireless Air, DuraFlap Mud Guards, S&B MAP Sensor Spacer, Kryptonite Heavy Duty Pitman and Idler Arm, Centramatics

Last edited by UTEngineer; 03-24-2019 at 02:36 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome