Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum - View Single Post - What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today?
View Single Post
post #42748 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:02 AM
407driver
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_R_C View Post
That inlet turbo cooling hose is actually 7/16” ID hose, 3/8” will work but you’ll have to stretch it over the fittings.
I found using soapy water helps.
Also consider changing the turbo outlet cooling hoses, one is a 90* 7/16” molded hose on top of the engine another I uses a straight 7/16” ID hose located around the water pump area.
Both the straight 7/16 ID hose and the 7/16” 90* hose are available at GM.
At least having the proper 7/16” ID 90* hose would be more important.
I found one, on top of the engine leading from the crossover pipe (and what is probably a thermostat) back to the turbo. It appears to be straight and about 6" long. I have to pull the resonator and disconnect the hot side intercooler pipe to get at both ends of it.

I did the Sinister EGR delete which provided a small "U" shaped hose to connect the outlet of the heater core to the pipe I thought went to the rear of the turbo. It used to go to the EGR cooler first but that part is in my shop.

There is other down near the WP?

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome