Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2020 gmc 2500hd at4

40K views 129 replies 39 participants last post by  Vertigo 
#1 ·
Well it is official. I got the call from my dealer (Dennis Dillion) today that my truck has started production as of yesterday. This week was the target production week and they are apparently on schedule. He said it should take 9-14 days for production and then about 3 weeks from factory to their dealership. I should be able to take possession by August 15th at the latest.

It is a good thing too. My 2007 Vortex Max gasser is getting tired and tired quickly. Last weekend I could barely pull my trailer 35mph over a 6% grade with the trailer empty as possible. My temperature started to climb half way up the hill to a point that I decided to pull over at a turnout and let it idle and bring the temp back down before I decided to start up again. 35mph in second gear and about 3400 RPM and I was praying that she didn't blow. This weekend I'm being lent an 2017 F350 powerstroke to take my trailer up and leave it for the rest of the summer.

To say I am excited for this new truck is an understatement. I've been eyeing a Duramax for about 6 years now but was never in the position to pull the trigger on one. I looked at many 2019s but ultimately love the new look of the AT4 and figure I want to drive this truck 15 years or more so I might as well get one that I love the look of. I figure if I can make a gasser last 12 years and 180,000 miles then 15 should be no issue with a diesel. A little worried to be buying a first gen transmission but I'm betting/hoping that Allison wouldn't let their name be on it if it wasn't of their high quality. Enough of my rambling:laugh:, here are some specs:
2500 HD AT4 in Carbon Black Metallic
Driver Alert package 1 & 2
AT4 preferred package
AT4 Premium package
Sunroof (didn't want one but they already had the order in and allowed me to put my name on it so I guess I'll live with it)
Standard box
Technology package

It is going to be a huge upgrade. I will actually be able to load my toyhauler completely full of water, fuel and toys and head for the hills without worrying about getting there.

Sorry, had to share my excitement. And if my wife hears about my truck one more time she might smack me :laugh:

See less See more
#4 ·
That's awesome, congratulations. I am also eyeing a '20 3500 CCLB, either Silverado or Sierra, haven't decided yet. I have been driving my '02 since November of 01, it has over 435k miles and still runs good. But the Boss Lady is ready to upgrade campers and the new one is too heavy for my '02 so time to upgrade. I will probably place my order in the Aug-Oct timeframe.

Please post pics when it comes in and good luck to you!

-Mark

Reactions: Silentfun65
#7 ·
Thank you! I will definitely post up some pictures as soon as I am able. I hope to have this truck as long as you have had your '02. That is simply amazing! Sounds like you have a good Boss Lady! Mine is the one who convinced me to get a duramax instead of the new 6.2 1/2 ton. Now I think she is regretting it as I have become obsessed. :laugh:

Congratulations! I have a similar truck on order, an AT4 3500 minus the sunroof with the same packages as yours plus the gooseneck/5th wheel package, off road assist steps, hitch package and the multi pro sound system to be installed at the dealer. Originally was going to order the carbon black but was not avl back in March - so decided to get another summit white. Mine was assembled the 1st week of June - been released to carrier almost 2 weeks. Dealer expects it any day. By the way, my wife feels the same. Congrats again - you will be pleased with the Duramax.
I wish I could of gone without the sunroof. I have no use for one and never use the one I have now on my 2007. My lack of patience got the best of me though. The thought of having a truck in August made me ok with the sunroof. I'll have to look at the hitch package you speak of. I'm not quite sure what that is. Only accessories I've looked at so far is a tonneau, the off road steps and the black emblems. I am not sure about the offroad steps yet and hoping to see one with them before I make a decision. That is awesome that you are so close to getting yours! I know my wife is ready for me to get mine so I can stop showing her pictures and videos. I've downloaded the manuals and read each one of them. Told the dealer I don't need an hour long orientation when I pick it up, just give me a full tank of gas and the keys! :) Congrats on your pickup! I hope we are both pleased with them!

#6 ·
Well it is official. I got the call from my dealer (Dennis Dillion) today that my truck has started production as of yesterday. This week was the target production week and they are apparently on schedule. He said it should take 9-14 days for production and then about 3 weeks from factory to their dealership. I should be able to take possession by August 15th at the latest.

It is a good thing too. My 2007 Vortex Max gasser is getting tired and tired quickly. Last weekend I could barely pull my trailer 35mph over a 6% grade with the trailer empty as possible. My temperature started to climb half way up the hill to a point that I decided to pull over at a turnout and let it idle and bring the temp back down before I decided to start up again. 35mph in second gear and about 3400 RPM and I was praying that she didn't blow. This weekend I'm being lent an 2017 F350 powerstroke to take my trailer up and leave it for the rest of the summer.

To say I am excited for this new truck is an understatement. I've been eyeing a Duramax for about 6 years now but was never in the position to pull the trigger on one. I looked at many 2019s but ultimately love the new look of the AT4 and figure I want to drive this truck 15 years or more so I might as well get one that I love the look of. I figure if I can make a gasser last 12 years and 180,000 miles then 15 should be no issue with a diesel. A little worried to be buying a first gen transmission but I'm betting/hoping that Allison wouldn't let their name be on it if it wasn't of their high quality. Enough of my rambling[img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/DuramaxForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/img], here are some specs:
2500 HD AT4 in Carbon Black Metallic
Driver Alert package 1 & 2
AT4 preferred package
AT4 Premium package
Sunroof (didn't want one but they already had the order in and allowed me to put my name on it so I guess I'll live with it)
Standard box
Technology package

It is going to be a huge upgrade. I will actually be able to load my toyhauler completely full of water, fuel and toys and head for the hills without worrying about getting there.

Sorry, had to share my excitement. And if my wife hears about my truck one more time she might smack me /forum/images/DuramaxForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/IM][/QUOTE].

Congratulations! I have a similar truck on order, an AT4 3500 minus the sunroof with the same packages as yours plus the gooseneck/5th wheel package, off road assist steps, hitch package and the multi pro sound system to be installed at the dealer. Originally was going to order the carbon black but was not avl back in March - so decided to get another summit white. Mine was assembled the 1st week of June - been released to carrier almost 2 weeks. Dealer expects it any day. By the way, my wife feels the same. Congrats again - you will be pleased with the Duramax.

#8 ·
Received an update today on my order. My truck will be finished on July 11th. Sounds like shipping via rail to Salt Lake City Utah is pretty fast. But I’ve been told by the dealer it could take up to 3 weeks to get it from Salt Lake City to Boise ID. I offered to pick it up myself but they didn’t go for that idea. Worth a shot!

#12 ·
my order was accepted 7/2 still no TPW
3500 AT4 red quartz, same packages plus sunroof and fifth wheel prep everything except rear entertainment.

#18 ·
Disappointing the Duramax emblem is chrome, have seen the renderings with it black too.
Looks great though, I might have to debadge mine..............

#25 ·
I'm hoping that it is one of those areas that is black chrome and is just catching the light wrong in these photos. Although it does look a lot like bright chrome! Like you said, if that's the only issue it will be awesome.

Received an update on my truck order. It is officially on rail and headed to Salt Lake City. Should be there any day now. Once there it has to get put on a truck and brought to Boise which I'm told can be a crap shoot. They have trucks that sit in SLC for a day and get put on a truck and they have had them that sit there 3 weeks. Just hoping to take deliver by August 15th but sooner would be nice too :)

#34 ·
I have been told to have a heavy foot when breaking her in though. Any thoughts on that? I think the exact phrase was "driver her like you stole her." So I figured I'd just let my wife drive it the first 1000 :)

#36 ·
thank you! that is good to know. I had originally planned to take a 600 mile round trip when we first get it but it would of been 90% interstate driving with cruise set at 80. I'll instead take a road trip on the winding mountain highways where i can vary the throttle naturally. Thanks for the insight!

#37 ·
Dennis Dillon got their first 2020 HD delivered yesterday so I had to go take a quick look this morning. It is a Summit White Denali 2500 with the Duramax. The truck looks really good even though I'm not a huge fan of chrome. I was able to get a few pictures before someone took it for a test drive. One thing I thought was interesting is the bed width. At the very front of the bed on the driver's side there is an angled piece of the bed that sticks into the bed. It appears that this is for the tank fills but it does reduce the width of the bed from around 72" to 61" at the front. I tried to take a picture below so you would know what I was talking about. I had been looking at some all weather tote/box type things to put in the front with different supplies like chains, rachet straps, tool kit, etc. I will need to find some smaller ones so that they fit across the front like planned. This was also the first time I had played with the multi function tailgate and it feels very solid. It made crawling in the back of the truck very easy and the step felt very sturdy. The ground to the bottom of the receiver hitch is a full 5.5" taller than my current 1500 is. I will be needing to adjust my equalizer hitch setup for my trailer quite a bit :) I haven't spent much time in any GM trucks newer than 2015 but the leather in this truck felt awesome. I hope the AT4 has similar quality leather because this felt much better quality than my 2007.

I also learned that the dealership has been given an ETA of 8/1 for my AT4. The sales manager said their ETA on the one they got was right on time so I hope that trend continues. Should be less than a month worst case anyways.

Attachments

#43 ·
I just tested the link again and it is for a duramax. Dennis Dillon doesn't have a single 2020 gas burner listed on their website yet. The link goes to a white Denali duramax. Under the specifications tab it lists a 10 speed. Also if you pull up the window sticker it shows the duramax there as well.

#44 ·
Accessory guy from the dealership contacted me today to see what accessories I wanted on my truck. Luckily there isn't much I wanted added so the price didn't go up much. I guess its a good sign that the accessory guy is reaching out. August 1st is fast approaching!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.