Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum - View Single Post - LML oem egt sensor relocation.
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 01:34 PM
407driver
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

I just got home for a short time. I pulled down the Pre DPf plug and found I could not get deep enough to take it apart, but I looked at the two pins and they were black.

I used the small blade on a Swiss Army knife and scraped them each on both sides. Bits of black crud fell off of both pins on both sides. I then took a small micro file and scraped both flat sides as well as the thin sides of each pin. When I was finished both pins were copper colored on all sides. I then blew out the plug to get rid of that crud.

Prior to plugging in a probe my monitor read 1836. After I plugged in one probe the temp read 90. This was with the probe just lying on the ground. I plugged in the second probe and got the same reading, 90. The ambient temp is about 90 so I believe I got it.

Now all I need is time to drill and tap the manifold. Not sure when that will happen, possibly not for a couple weeks, but it seems the system is working just fine. Im one step closer to having an operational EGT monitor.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.

Last edited by 407driver; 08-17-2019 at 01:36 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome