Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

P0102 and efi live

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Matt2020 
#1 ·
I apologize before hand if this should go here or efi live discussion. So just bought a 2004.5 lly owner was a older guy and said he had a bunch of work done to the truck years ago. Bigger turbo built trans etc.. Truck has a ats converter I can see and the turbo does not say garret at all on it don’t know if either are true? the truck keeps throwing the p0102 code runs great. Has the lbz elbow and lbz s&b intake. I have read that this can throw the code. It appears the truck has a older version of the finger stick. It’s just a black box . I was going to replace the finger stick and solder the connections. I didn’t get a tuner he said he sent out the ecm doesn’t remember who did the tunes. So my question is.. is it worth to start with the finger stick and see if that fixes it. Or try to send out my ecm and see if that’s it? Could a tuner pull what’s on the ecm tunes now and just add the bigger air for the maf? And who do you recommend for the ecm tunes has 5 tunes on the fly. I’m sorry new to the dmax and efi game lol thank you!

#2 ·
A tuner will need to rescale the maf with efi live most likely. They will need to know what turbo, fuel mods, etc are done also. I wont reccomend tuners on a public forum. Do some searching on here most of the reputable ones are still tuning lbz n down trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.