Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Oil change gone bad
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 11:41 PM
Jbeck1986

Garage
This is why I don’t let anyone change my oil. I have had friends who worked at quick lube places that have told me horror stories like this. Or worse. Like starting it up with no oil and not noticing till there’s a knocking coming from engine. Then just adding the oil and never saying a word to anyone and sending it out to the customer.

A few weeks ago I had my tires rotated at the tire shop down the way. Asked them to lube grease points since I hadn’t had a chance since buying this truck. I asked him how many there were after. He said one on each side. I thought that sounded strange but haven’t had a vehicle this new or a duramax diesel. So I didnt wanna tell him he was wrong with out checking. Checked and found out there was a total of 9! Was beyond pissed.

I ended up calling the shop foreman for something else since I work at a RV repair shop and we use each other of service at times. I mentioned this situation and before I could finish he said it should be 9 or 11 depending on the year. Then said only he and one other guy would have known off hand. I told him that I was going to be requesting him to do the work on my truck when I come by for now on. He was glad to do so and appreciated that we didn’t have this discussion in front of the entire crew or in front of customers.

My point is either you make sure you can trust who you have working on your truck or you do it your self. Changing the oil in these trucks can usually be done with out a jack most of the time.

2016 GMC 2500HD Denali 6.6l LML

DOP (used) 10/16/19 @ 8,641miles.

Last edited by Jbeck1986; 11-16-2019 at 11:53 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome