Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today?

5M views 48K replies 2K participants last post by  HipPopPottedMouse 
#1 ·
Don't know if this was ever posted. Very simple. Just tell us what you did to ur truck/van today.

Fixed the pass front brake line that I can only imagine how long it had been kinked when I found it. Spliced in a new piece that I borrowed(hehe) from the wife's uncle.

See less See more
#44,001 ·
Installed new led tail lights and the CTS2 monitor that came in today. Wednesday will be EFI live, 5 way switch and tunes and rear brakes. 🕺🏾🤠

Reactions: harnold
#44,003 ·
After attempting to install carbs on the bike after a second rebuild this year; I noticed it had a coolant leak on some crossover tubes between heads. That job is on hold now till I get more parts.

Decided since we have about 2" of white death on the ground and still falling, I should put the winter skinnies on the truck while I had time. Still need to de-tune but that can wait for another day. Inspected brakes and gave it a lube job while I was in there.
Tesa tape. Awesome stuff, same stuff that a lot of the OEMs use on wiring harnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ice and snow you guys get is crazy.
That Snapchat of Matt's trailer is off the show!:surprise:

#44,006 ·
The tiny factory backup lights were not cutting it. I purchased two 6" light bars with 6 LED lights in each. I installed them on the hitch braces either side of the spare tire. T

hey do not interfere with the spare tire mechanism and are protected by the spare because they do not hang down below the bottom of the tire.

I made the mounting brackets out of a piece of 2" x 1 1/2" aluminum channel I had lying around. I wired them into the reverse light circuit so they automatically illuminate when I shift into reverse.They provide MUCH better lighting.
Nice. You will be trying to figure out how to do it to your other vehicles soon enough. :grin2:

Very similar to my setup.
I have the light bar under the front part of the bumper with a piece of rubber hanging down to block rocks from hitting the back of the light. I also have the LED reverse bulbs plus the LEDs in the new style tow mirrors. So there are 6 LED's helping me to see backwards.

They work when put into reverse and they are wired to a switch so I can flip them on when I want. Maybe to remind drivers behind me to dim their lights. 'dunno;
Instructions are in the DIY section. Just a short wire from the bcm to switch and power wire to switch. Hell, I did it with no leaks or slow drips so it must be easy.

Attachments

#44,007 ·
Got my Kryptonite PISK and DMax Store tie rods installed. Then I cranked the front up a little to level the truck with my drop shackles installed in the rear. Left a 1/4" of rake. Also had the truck aligned and new tires installed before winter hits.

Attachments

#44,008 ·
So I got online to order replacement filters for the FASS and realized that I have two different options for Baldwin's WS. I have seen people recommend/use both of these part numbers. Can anyone tell me the difference and why one is 8 bucks cheaper?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#44,009 ·
So I got online to order replacement filters for the FASS and realized that I have two different options for Baldwin's WS. I have seen people recommend/use both of these part numbers. Can anyone tell me the difference and why one is 8 bucks cheaper?

The BF1258 is a WS and a 10 micron filter. The BF1212 is just a WS.

I run the BF1258 and a BF7633

Reactions: ChevyDMax89
#44,010 · (Edited)
The BF1258 is a WS and a 10 micron filter. The BF1212 is just a WS.
Not sure where you got that from.
They are both listed as
Baldwin said:
Product Type-
Fuel/Water Separator Spin-on with Drain
And, cutting open a used BF1212, the media (black) is full of particulates filtered out.

#44,011 ·
Interesting..... something must be different for $8 worth of pricing.

#44,013 ·
Always like the look of the NBS trucks with fat tires on stock rims... particularly a GMC for some reason lol.

Very sleeper

#44,014 ·
When I bough my new 295/55/20 tires and wheels 6/18, I ended up with 5.
I finally put #5 up in my spare tire holder, the spare was 12 years old it was cracked pretty good.
I had to do a little ******* modifying to get’er up in place away from the exhaust and differential.

Attachments

Reactions: ChevyDMax89
#44,015 ·
Haven't done anything since it backed the 5er in at the campground in Florida 12 days ago.
Been working in the Bahamas, and it will be another 2 weeks before I see her again.

#44,017 ·
Got the truck out of the shop Friday- replaced all ball joints and control arms, bushings, tie rods and hubs with moog parts. Total was $1022 with Labor.... fair price?

The clip for drivers side stub shaft was missing the retainer clip. That came in yesterday and need to get it installed.

Next is transmission fluid and filters swap, fuel and pass filters, alignment and tires and the efi live install.

LEDs for the tag lights and backup lights came in and ordered A double din kenwood radio w dash kit and all the interface shit and backup camera should be here Monday/Tuesday.

Anyone use the backup camera on the edge monitor? Can you use a regular one or do you have to buy the “edge” brand? $180 seems pricy for a Chinese license plate camera that costs $20-30 elsewhere....

#44,018 ·
I didn't get the edge camera because of price. Bought amazon license plate frame with camera (Etsy ?) and hooked up to my aftermarket radio. Works fine - bought it primarily to ease hitching up bumper pull. However, if I had to do again, I would opt for the tailgate handle with camera built in. Much better perspective.

#44,019 ·
I would opt for the tailgate handle with camera built in. Much better perspective.
I have an aftermarket camera that I mounted using velcro tape on top of the hitch. I have another piece of velcro taped onto the bumper above the hitch. Once I get close to hooking up, I move the camera over to the bumper (camera faces down) for aligning the hitch perfectly. Might be an alternative fix for you as well.

#44,020 ·
I didn't get the edge camera because of price. Bought amazon license plate frame with camera (Etsy ?) and hooked up to my aftermarket radio. Works fine - bought it primarily to ease hitching up bumper pull. However, if I had to do again, I would opt for the tailgate handle with camera built in. Much better perspective.
You make a great point. My wife’s 4Runner has that higher perspective angle and when driving the duramax I really miss the camera, especially at night because of all the tint.

One PITA I’ve noticed is everytime I run it through the tunnel wash they fold the mirrors in and I can never get the angle right on the pass side when I fold them back out on the first shot.

I really need those automatic ones so I don’t have to get in and out 20 times. I’m going to try to scratch a line in the mirror so I can just fold it back out to the line for temporary... that should work for now.