Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1st Duramax

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  HuckLB7 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Well got my first Duramax, came from a 6.4 Powerstroke, truck needs a little work but thought it was a good deal and is decently clean. 2007 CCLB 249k on it came with edge cs2 tuner some type of egr delete, looks like t case rear housing has been replaced. Some type of customer exhaust last owner really didnt know. Looks like my journey begins with cleaning up some sloppy work from the previous mechanic. Egr delete has a leak, looks like a power steering gear leak as well. Hope to meet lost of people and have a great time doing so while owning this truck.

vwrick

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Many would say that the LBZ is the best of the used trucks. It has the fewest things to remove to make it run right and yours is already done.

What fun would it be if there were no problems to fix though. The guys who buy new trucks start right out changing perfectly good tires, wheels, mirrors, bumpers, suspension, etc. just so that they can have the same fun you will have by default.

Welcome.

#6 ·
Hello everyone,

Well got my first Duramax, came from a 6.4 Powerstroke, truck needs a little work but thought it was a good deal and is decently clean. 2007 CCLB 249k on it came with edge cs2 tuner some type of egr delete, looks like t case rear housing has been replaced. Some type of customer exhaust last owner really didnt know. Looks like my journey begins with cleaning up some sloppy work from the previous mechanic. Egr delete has a leak, looks like a power steering gear leak as well. Hope to meet lost of people and have a great time doing so while owning this truck.

vwrick
Welcome from Raleigh NC.

Your truck looks like mine except black.

#7 ·
Just did tires on it, put some MASTERCRAFT COURSER AXT2 on it pretty great tire for the money so far. They all road force balanced really well, 2 were sub 10 lbs. Also replaced 1 broken front sway bar end link. next is to find tail lights, mine are all cracked :( and to rebuild the steering gear it is leaking.

#8 ·
I just picked up some black border 05-07 Silverado tails on Amazon with new harnesses and bulbs for like $80 some-odd dollars. Very pleased with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.