Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Best Leveling kit (with shocks/UCA) for 2018 Denali HD

7K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  ElmosBoy 
#1 ·
What is the best full leveling kit for this truck? Any ride quality opinions of guys with kits?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
If I go fox all around with the cogito UCA, what key should I go with or does it really matter? I want to add a one inch spacer in the rear to bring it up a tad but I run timbres in the rear which sit about 2 inches off my axle when empty and I do not want that to increase. Anyone do this with timbrens>?

#4 ·
How does the cogito kit ride compared to stock?

#5 ·
the key does not matter, in a sense. they are all designed and function the same. As for ride, of you go the route we are talking. you will retain factory angles and ride.

if you want a better ride go drop 3k on a coil over kit, and you'll get a little more height and way better ride

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Yeah I hear you man lol I wish I could drop money like that on coilers, when I spend that kind of money it will be for the delete that everyone said they would stop selling

#7 ·
You will want a kit with new keys, UCA's and a front diff lowering kit.

I had the Zone 3" kit, it came with Fox shocks, zone UCA's, front diff lowering and and 2" rear blocks. I had it set for 2" in the front and it rode great!

It wasn't high enough for me and if you try to crank more than 2" on any leveling kit it starts to ride bad, I ended up pulling it and installing a BDS 4.5 lift with Fox shocks. My lift set at 4" doesn't ride anywhere near as comfortable as the level did.

But I like the look of the lift and already sold the zone level so it's here to stay. If you don't use a front dff lowering kit your CV angles will be bad and wear out a lot quicker.

Here is a pic of mine when it was stock, leveled (2" front and rear" and now with the lift (4" front 2" rear).

Attachments

#8 ·
Wow very interesting the level with keys rides better than the 4.5 bds lift. Thanks for the input I am going to go the way you did initially with the keys and UCA's-drop kit. How do y'all feel about the fox 2.0's is that pretty much the best shock for the money? I priced the shocks out and the full set of fox 2.0 vs billstien 5100's is only like 200 more or so....

#14 ·
The Zone kit I had came with Fox adventure series shocks and rode great, again my level was only 2" higher in the front. Any higher than that and you will lose ride quality.

My BDS has the Fox 2.0's and I'm wondering if they are making the ride not so great, I'm looking at switching them out in the front for reservoir Fox shocks. Most say the're not needed but a couple guys mentioned on one of my L5P facebook groups that they swapped to the resi style and it was night and day better than the standard 2.0 shock.

My truck is getting there, would like to get the better ride quality back is the only issue.

Attachments

#10 ·
Hey yeah good idea, maybe I could just sell the truck and get a 68 impala lowrider (***** mobile), lol drop shackles....

Reactions: Ron505
#11 ·
By the way Hdroillin that dually is awesome man I like the stance

#12 · (Edited)
I mean if your into hydraulics go for it :rofl

I prefer air myself, but I am also from the Caucasian group of taxpayers :)

Drop shackles with some nice brackets for the rear bag kit would be nice out back, I was leveled once, didn't know much at all, learned alot, and ended up lifting the truck. Then of course changed the game with 37x13.5 stock height with shackles, but that's a story for another time :neener

#15 ·
I mean if your into hydraulics go for it :rofl

I prefer air myself, but I am also from the Caucasian group of taxpayers :)

Drop shackles with some nice brackets for the rear bag kit would be nice out back, I was leveled once, didn't know much at all, learned alot, and ended up lifting the truck. Then of course changed the game with 37x13.5 stock height with shackles, but that's a story for another time :neener
please elaborate...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I want to run 295/65/20 also or just a 35/12.5 so I want to go up not down. I get the reason to use a drop shackle just not for me.

#20 ·
I'm seriously considering the Zone 3" turned down to 2" as well. Gets me UCAs, Diff drop, keys (which I'm unsure of the difference between stock), and shocks (glad to get rid of these Rancho's).

#21 ·
I believe the SuspensionMaxx is fantastic!! Level2, I believe, with Bilstein shocks, torsion keys, Upper Control arms & diff drop...My ride is better than stock!!! I love it... raised the front 2.375 inches and allows great clearance for my 275/65/20's, (34.2 inch height), on stock Denali rims with room to spare...A little pricey at $1275-$1350, depending on where you get it, but extremely high quality!!

Reactions: Ron505
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.