Hydroboost??? - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2001 - 2007 (GMT800) Non Powertrain Discussion of 01 to 07.5 Topics Not related to the Powertrain, interior, suspensions, body,wheels, tires, ect.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:32 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J83 View Post
True, theres some guys on here though that spec a special GM puller for our trucks and say that NOTHING else works so i wanted to make sure we are all on the same page that the cheapo puller available at every auto parts store everywhere works just fine.
YES, it HAS to be a GM puller/presser like the one you pictured. That is what they "loaned" me. Actually not a loan, I paid for it and was refunded when I returned it within 24 hours, or if I did not return it in time, I then owned it.

It is actually a clever little tool, but I was not able to use it until I had the pump off. Likewise I was unable to get it to work to press the pulley on unless the pump was off the truck.

I did find a little trick that worked for me. When reinstalling the pump I "Hung" it on the center bolt in the front. Then I installed the two side bolts and that lined up the other two front bolts perfectly.

Prior to installing the side bolts no matter how i wiggled and jiggled I could not for the life of me get either of the other front bolts to start.

Also, for the uninitiated, start both the lines on the pump before installing it. leave them loose but with the threads started.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.

Last edited by 407driver; 09-24-2019 at 02:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 06:49 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Just replaced mine about 1 month ago. Found a seal kit for it ,long story short seal kit was a waste of time. Had to take it off 2x and Ended up just replacing the unit anyway. Save your time and just replace it. Just my experience.

2006 LBZ

WC fab y bridge, inter cooler
EFI live with dsp5 switch
full EGR delete, down pipe
5 inch magna flow
Bilstein 5100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode