No communication, driver door controls donít work - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2001 - 2007 (GMT800) Non Powertrain Discussion of 01 to 07.5 Topics Not related to the Powertrain, interior, suspensions, body,wheels, tires, ect.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Unread 03-26-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

No communication, driver door controls donít work

About a month ago the controls on my driver door quit working. No seat memory, windows, locks or passenger mirror but the driver mirror adjustment would still work. I checked all the fuses and they were all good.

After researching this, it sounded like the DDM was the issue, so I ordered an ACDelco replacement and when I received it, it had the same part number as the one I was replacing.

I replaced the DDM and the controls still didnít work, no big deal because I read i would probably have to have GM program it anyway. After replacing the DDM I checked for power at the module and I was getting f roughly 12v. I also checked for continuity between the ends of the plugs and the ones I checked were ok. I also checked all the wires to ground, to see if there was a short and I didnít find any.

I brought it in to the dealer today to have them program it and they said that there was no communication when they hooked up two types of computer/programmers to it. I think one was a tech 2? So they werenít able to program the DDM.

The truck is an 07 Sierra 2500 ECLB with an unknown tune and DPS 5, exhaust, egr delete, and cold air intake.

Does anyone have an idea what I should check or what the issue is? The dealer said I may have to get a new ecu for the truck and go that route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Unread 03-26-2019, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to add, otherwise the truck runs fine. No check engine light or weird problems. Only issue is the door controls donít work and the interior door chime and the 15 minute acc power after you remove the key donít work but I attribute all these to the DDM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Unread 04-02-2019, 05:52 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

This thread might help

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2...l#post11973113

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Unread Today, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Iíve been out of town for the past month and I finally got some time again to mess with the truck.

I DID find out what the issue was. It was a broken wire in the rubber sleeve, the brown wire which I believe is the data wire? I could be wrong on that part though but that could explain why the dealership couldnít communicate with it.

Initially when I inspected the rubber sleeve, I only pulled the sleeve up a few inches and didnít see anything but today I wrestled it back almost to the body and thatís where I found the break.

Also for anyone searching, I tested both my old and the new DDM I had ordered. Both worked and the new one did NOT need to be programmed to work properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in