2005 drivers side blend door actuator not working climate control module bad?? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2001 - 2007 (GMT800) Non Powertrain Discussion of 01 to 07.5 Topics Not related to the Powertrain, interior, suspensions, body,wheels, tires, ect.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

2005 drivers side blend door actuator not working climate control module bad??

My 2005 dmax is always blowing HOT air on the drivers side. The passenger side blend door actuator appears to be working.
I ordered a new actuator and installed it and went through the recalibration procedure but I still only get HOT air.
I pulled the actuator and left it hang by the cable and tried to get it to move by moving the panel control up and down but I get NO MOVEMENT. Sliding the passenger side control I can hear the actuator moving and moving the round knob I can hear that actuator moving but NOTHING from the drivers side actuator.
I disassembled the old actuator and applied 9.6 volts(all I had) to the motor and it moves both directions and there is no issue with any of the gears. I pulled it apart and cleaned the contacts with alcohol and reassembled it.
I plugged it into the harness and tried getting the old one to move and still NOTHING.
Could I have a bad climate control module or something else?
Any ideas welcome.
Thanks

2005 quad cab short box 4x4, DIY CAI,
S&B MP, PCV reroute, ARP studs, race plug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

bump
somebody must have some idea on this???

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:32 PM

Find the voltage necessary to make the door move and apply that. If it moves, there is a wiring problem. If it doesn’t, two bad actuators.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkey52 View Post
Find the voltage necessary to make the door move and apply that. If it moves, there is a wiring problem. If it doesn’t, two bad actuators.
I already tested the motor and it runs in both directions when connected to 9.6 volts(all I had).

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

ok not sure what did it but I did the following and now it works.
Disassembled the actuator and cleaned the contacts. Tested the motor and it works.
Disassembled the new unit and tested the motor and it works.
I pulled the control head, disassembled it just to see if there was anything obvious, found nothing, reassembled and reinstalled.
Pulled battery ground(s) and waited 45 minutes. (this is the 4th time I have done this)
Connected the old actuator to the harness, connected the ground wires and turned the key to on and I saw the actuator moving so I turned off the key and installed the old actuator. I let it go through the relearn and now all is well but WTF. I have no idea why it worked this time but not the previous times and not with the new actuator. BTW the innerds of the new actuator are somewhat different than the old one.

Any way, for now it is working.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode