No brake lights with new brake switch & bulbs - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2001 - 2007 (GMT800) Non Powertrain Discussion of 01 to 07.5 Topics Not related to the Powertrain, interior, suspensions, body,wheels, tires, ect.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

No brake lights with new brake switch & bulbs

Hey guys. New to this but not forums by any means. At this point I’ve checked all fuses and even replaced the good brake (stop) fuse with another good one, new bulbs and a new brake switch! Still no brakes tail or 3rd light! It’s a new to me 07 Sierra 2500 LBZ. All other lights work. The cruise control doesn’t else works also. I get no cruise light either, let alone it setting. Not sure what to check now. I followed lines to tail lights and seem good. I’m gonna try all fuses again... ugh

"Mucho take it easy" - N.L.

2007 GMC Sierra CC SB SRW LBZ, cranked torsions with 18” ? Wheels and 285/65/18 BFG A/T KO2, stock everything else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:34 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
In the Instrument Panel Fuse Block;
you checked
VEH CHMSL
&
VEH STOP?

Quote:
It’s a new to me 07 Sierra 2500 LBZ.
You just acquired it...with no working brake lights?
Or, it's a failure after they were working?

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
In the Instrument Panel Fuse Block;
you checked
VEH CHMSL
&
VEH STOP?

You just acquired it...with no working brake lights?
Or, it's a failure after they were working?
Check both of those and most others, twice! Even swapped them out just to be sure. I bought it this past Saturday. One owner, clean carfax. We checked everything! From cigarette light to wipers to 4LO-4HI to crawling under. My father and I agreed the little cosmetic things were worth the purchase... we missed the brake lights 🤦♂️ And cruise control. Got excited and forget to check cruise till about 100 miles out! Brakes we just missed! So I replaced the tail light bulbs. Changed out the brake switch and no brakes! It also wouldn’t shift out of park. Swapped back and shifting was fine but still no brakes or cruise control!!! Any ideas of what check next? I just wanna drive it so bad lol. Thanks

2007 GMC Sierra CC SB SRW LBZ, cranked torsions with 18” ? Wheels and 285/65/18 BFG A/T KO2, stock everything else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:14 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Does the Hydro-Boost unit look like it's a new one?

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
Does the Hydro-Boost unit look like it's a new one?
It didn’t look brand new. Pretty clean under hood... I am working doubles and with two small kids I have up and took it to my mechanic. I just need brake light working!!!! I’ll report back with results. He said he gonna put in an AC Delco brake switch too not the “VatoZone” one 😂

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 05:37 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

That's a start.
Need to keep clear of the VatoZone for HD parts....never goes well.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:33 PM

I assume the brake light switch in the '07 is the same as in my '04.5...

When you press on the pedal, there is a little slop in the eyelet from the hydroboost. Just before the brake pedal pin presses on the rod, it hits the brake switch. If there's not enough slop, the pin engages the rod from the hydroboost without engaging the brake light switch.

When replacing a hydroboost, it is sometimes necessary to hog out the eyelet so there's enough slop. (Others have shimmed the switch, but I think ensuring enough slop is the way GM intended it to work.)

It's something to check.

2004.5 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4, D/A (LLY), Ext. Cab, Long Bed
engineer837 aux rad, TxC CAI, LBZ MP, Scangauge II, Nicktane aux filter head, KD lift pump, 2008 PS pump, 2011 hydroboost, Frederico Swaybars, Rancho 9000XL, Torklift StableLoads, BFG AT/KO2, Lance 835 Camper often in the bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode