Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Testing the LMM Ignition Switch

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DaJokr 
#1 ·
I got tired of guessing. Bought a Tech Manual. They delivered 27 pounds of paper about 16" tall. Obviously, It took a few minutes to read the thing.

But, ... I found the info we needed regarding testing of the Ignition Switch. Unfortunately the Tech Manual is copyrighted. Also the info is scattered in a couple different sections. So, I "distilled" the Ignition Keyswitch component testing to one page. It is attached. For those of you testing your switch, enjoy! I may go look for the info on how to get the switch out.

Attachments

#2 ·
Wow thats great you got the info! What was the original problem?

Not to throw it off topic. But, where did you find the manual at? How mutch was it?

#3 ·
The original problem was a "No Start" on a couple other persons' trucks. I was just trying to help. But, I did not have the schematics. I did not want to be in that position one day with my truck. So, ... I bought the Tech Manual. It is about 16" of very thin paper with very small writing. Seven books. They ship at 27 pounds. I have been reading for days. :eek:

The Tech Manual came from :

Helm Inc
800 783 4356
Helminc.com

The cost was ~ $180.00 U.S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.