Lift/Level??? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2007.5 + (GMT 900) Non Powertrain--New Body Style-- Discussion 07.5 - 2010 Topics Not related to the Powertrain, interior, suspensions, body, wheels, tires, ect.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Lift/Level???

Hello everyone! I could use some opinions on several options (or not?) on leveling and/or lift kits.

So in my case, I would like to level out my truck and lift the front end so that its level and my tires don't rub on the inner fenders. I'm currently running 285/75r16 tires and they rub at full turn. I looked at the torsion bar keys and they're already maxed out, so I figured new torsion bars would help along with a leveling kit. I took it to my mechanic for an evaluation and was told that wouldn't be a good idea as the upper control arms are already adjusted all they way out, so any higher would cause a camber. I was then told maybe some drop shackles for the rear would be the best way to level it out, but I like the height it sits at, but then again it would only need to be an inch or two to get it close to or at level.

Anyway I'm looking at other options to raise the front. A lift kit would probably be best, but I don't want anything super tall and the smallest lift I've been able to find is a 4 inch kit. I'm sure adjusted all the way down it would give me the results I would like. I've also looked at coil conversion kits, but the price on those is as much as the lift kit and probably wouldn't help the camber. I've thought about doing some fender cutting which I'll probably do regardless the route I take. I haven't found much info or kits on body lifts, over 3 inches anyway. I'd like to do a 1 to 2 inch body lift at most if that would be an acceptable idea, but that leads me to the question of using a fifth wheel hitch and the mounting for it. I don't have a problem fabbing up some sort of metal spacers or thicker rails to compensate for the body lift, and I don't mind a little extra frame showing.

So just looking for some opinions, ideas, and preferences. Thanks!

07.5 Silverado 2500HD LMM
aFe 4" exhaust turbo back
aFe CAI
Sinister Diesel EGR delete, PCV reroute and EFI Live on the fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 06:59 PM

I'd say get a good leveling kit, Contigo one are good. Had it in my old LBZ, and I think kyrptonite makes a good one as well. If you can stay away from blocks in the rear. Never had good experience with them

2007 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 LMM
EFI single tune +40 EGR off, c/w 4 flowpro
Fass 95
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:35 PM

In my opinion if you are fine with how it rides now and just worried about the rubbing on the fenders i would just do some trimming and lower the rear 1" or 2". Hella cheaper than getting a level/lift kit just for some rubbing issues and to level. You could trim the front bumper, space the bumper out with some shims, norcal mod the rear however much is needed to clear.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion Race series with 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode