Headlights - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011-2016 (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2011-2016 topics not related to powertrain

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6686L View Post
HEADLIGHT ISSUES ?

Damn...just when I thought I'd corrected everything on my rolling "do-it-yourself" kit.....now I have to worry about headlight failure ?

Can you guys help me out and tell me at approx. what age & mileage you guys incurred failure that resulted in your having to change headlight bulbs?

Is this still another example of GM reducing the quality of its products ?

The headlights my truck came with when I bought it appear to be orig., best as I am able to determine the bulbs have not been touched.

On long trips way way out in the boonies, they SEEM pretty damn bright....and I try and remember to turn them off during the day.

From what you guys are telling me, sounds like I'd better carry some spare bulbs with me?

Damn..in the old days, the "sealed beams" seemed to last forever-I don't recall feeling the need to carry spares then.

Is this progress....? Yes, what my truck came with are much much brighter than the sealed beams of my youth.....………….but reliability? Progress ?
If you are planning on replacing a headlight bulb on the side of the road hood luck you better have a toolbox with you I would hate to know I was going to replace one at night on the aide of the road
denarli6.6 likes this.

2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 2wd Crew Cab. Stock. 200 mile regen club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 06:11 AM

I just put Auxito in my low, high, fog, and backup lights at $80 for all 16 bulbs. They make a world of difference. The lows have perfect cut off in the projectors, the highs project very far and bright, the fogs have a great spread, and I can actually see my reverse lights in the camera now instead of having to turn on the mirror lights every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode