Park Assist vs B&W Tow & Stow - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011-2016 (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2011-2016 topics not related to powertrain

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
DMAX LML

Send a message via AIM to JJ Dmax
Park Assist vs B&W Tow & Stow

Does anyone have the rear park assist sensors and run a B&W Tow & Stow on their truck? i just got my '14 and with the ball mount from my 06 if i leave it in there it freaks out the sensors and i hate getting that message every time i put the truck in reverse and i also dont want to have to take the damn ball mount out every time i unhook from a trailer. i just ordered a B&W Tow & Stow to step up to the 10k rating so im really hoping that it will work better. My buddy has a '13 Mega Cab and he is finding every little thing he can to get at me about my truck and this was one of them...he can leave his ball mount in and the park assist works just fine LOL

Jonathan

2014 2500HD LTZ Z71 4X4, EDGE Insight, B&W Turnover Ball w/Companion. Bone Stock (for now)

2006 2500HD LBZ 4X4 6 speed Allison "LT3", Airaid Cold Air Intake, EFI Live DSP5 Tuned by Rob, PCV Reroute, Transgo Jr, EGR Blocker, HID Low/High/fog 8000K, Headligh All On Mod, Recon LED Smoke Cab Lights, Magnaflow 5" DP Back Exhaust, Autometer Boost/EGT Gauges, Edge Insight CTS w/Backup Camera, Holley 150gpm Lift Pump, Firestone Ride Right Air Bags, B&W Turnover Ball w/Companion - TRADED 1/13/14

www.atptrucks.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 08:26 PM
DLB

I have the b&w tow and stow and as long as it's "stowed" the sensors won't go crazy.

2013 Silverado 1500
275/60R20 AXTs, 2" level, UnderCover Flex, BedRug, WeatherTechs

2015 GMC Yukon XL SLT - SOLD
Husky Liners throughout, HID lows, LED fogs

2011 Duramax LML - SOLD
LTZ, Z71 pkg, VYU pkg, CCSB
AMSOIL in the diffs • Edge Insight CTS • FASS 150 • FLO~PRO 5" exhaust • H&S Performance • LINE-X bedliner • Mobil 1 5w-40 syn • PPE Diff Cover • Rough Country steering stabilizer • TranSynd • Trifold Tonneau Cover
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
DMAX LML

Send a message via AIM to JJ Dmax
that is great to hear. i dont mind flipping it around to stow i just dont like taking it all the way out. i have been rear ended by a few small cars that really messed up the car but did no damage to my truck because the ball mount was in. i like the protection that it offers.

Jonathan

2014 2500HD LTZ Z71 4X4, EDGE Insight, B&W Turnover Ball w/Companion. Bone Stock (for now)

2006 2500HD LBZ 4X4 6 speed Allison "LT3", Airaid Cold Air Intake, EFI Live DSP5 Tuned by Rob, PCV Reroute, Transgo Jr, EGR Blocker, HID Low/High/fog 8000K, Headligh All On Mod, Recon LED Smoke Cab Lights, Magnaflow 5" DP Back Exhaust, Autometer Boost/EGT Gauges, Edge Insight CTS w/Backup Camera, Holley 150gpm Lift Pump, Firestone Ride Right Air Bags, B&W Turnover Ball w/Companion - TRADED 1/13/14

www.atptrucks.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 08:55 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

my truck did the same thing so i just pulled the fuse on my park assist and never worry about it again. I don't need it though so it didn't bother me to not have it anymore. Might consider it if you don't use it.

2013 LTZ CCSB Z71 4x4 SOLD
2015.5 GMC Denali HD
S&B Cold Air Intake
Alligator Resonator Delete
Skyjacker Custom Dual Steering Stabilizer,
Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Ride Controller
Hornblasters Conductor Series XL
B&W Turnover Ball Gooseneck and Andersen Fifth Wheel

No lift or level just bars cranked
35x12.5R18 with 0 offset SOTA Novakanes

My Build Thread: Blue Granite LML Build Thread
Looking for Spare Parts? FS: Lots O parts and Goodies
LED Mirror Light DIY: HOW TO: LED Mirror Lights
Tow Mirror Conversion DIY 2015.5 Tow Mirror Conversion
Legal Headlight Mod DIY: HOW TO: Legal Headlight Mod for NBS Trucks
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 11:51 AM

I ditched the park assist fuse within a month. During the summer the ball stays in all the time and I got sick of the light on the dash. One would think an engineering department as big GM's would have tested the heavy duty version of their truck with a receiver in the hitch at some point and said " maybe we should angle the two middle sensors out a little so they don't see the insert"
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 12:00 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Mine says service park assist with just a hitch and ball. It sucks!

-13 Silverado 2500HD CCSB |42,00Miles|Leveled||Bilstein 5160 Resi's|5100 Steering Stabilizer|Cognito UCA|Nitto Trail Grapplers 34.5s|GLO Diff cover|Dominator II|Edge Insight w/probe|Motor Ops EFI Live 150Tune|5in Flow Pro Straight|Fass 150T w/psi Gauge on CAT Filters|EGR disabled|S&B CAI Paper filter|Weathertech|LEDs|Fumoto|Tint|Spray in bed-liner|Color-matched Rear Bumper|Clear bra|Plasti-Dipped Upper Bumper cap|

2015 3500Hd Dually Denali |Cognito 4-6inch Lift|Fox 2.0 Resi's|35x12.5 Toyo Mt|ATS Diff cover|3M clear Bra|WELDING RIG
DRW Club M #254

Hi I'm new.. My name is Loui.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbajo1 View Post
Mine says service park assist with just a hitch and ball. It sucks!
Pull fuse number 20 on dash fuse block, 10 amp
Unplug batteries for a few minutes.. No more backup alarm or error.

2011 2500 Denali
H&S, 5inch straight pipe, S&B intake, lift pump, sump
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianarebel View Post
Pull fuse number 20 on dash fuse block, 10 amp
Unplug batteries for a few minutes.. No more backup alarm or error.
Will this work on a 2016 ? Do you lose anything else other than alarm? Have an after market front bumper and it keeps going off.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 05:27 PM

Saw this was from 2014 , hate to necro a thread, but i've been trying to do some digging to get this fixed.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 06:03 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanky View Post
Will this work on a 2016 ? Do you lose anything else other than alarm? Have an after market front bumper and it keeps going off.
Have you tried using the 'Personalization Menu's' to set set the park assist to 'off'?

(the is a towbar setting for those just having issues when a ball mount is in place.

Turning the Features On or Off

The button on the center stack is used to turn on or off the Front and Rear Parking Assist.
The indicator light in the button comes on when the features are on and turns off when the features have been disabled.

Front and Rear Parking Assist can be turned off, on, or on with towbar through vehicle personalization. See
“Park Assist” under Vehicle Personalization 0 136.

If the parking assist is turned off through vehicle personalization, the parking assist button on the center stack will be disabled.
To turn the parking assist on again, select On in the vehicle personalization menu.

The On with Towbar setting allows for the parking assist to work properly with a small item attached to the trailer hitch.

Turn off parking assist when towing a trailer.

To turn the rear parking assist symbols or guidance lines on or off, see “Rear Camera” under Vehicle Personalization 0

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode