'15 safety alert seat issue - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011-2016 (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2011-2016 topics not related to powertrain

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 11:52 AM

If it broke off right at the motor, it will need to be replaced. Otherwise the wire could be repaired, but its such small gage wire I recommend replacing anyway. Which if under warranty it should be replaced anyway.

The seat cover needs to be partially or fully removed to replace the motor. Its not that bad to do. I just take the side trim panel off and release the left side of the seat cover and fold it up and replace it that way. The motor just sits in the foam pad and has the wiring run down and under.
lbzcan likes this.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT CCSB
All Terrain package

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ CCSB
HID's 6000K (Low and High beam)
DRL's rewired to Fog's
(Totaled 12-24-15)

Last edited by Rage_07; 01-15-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Good to know. So the dealer should have a wire in stock then to replace it? Or will they have to order it in?

2015 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD Crew 4x4 6.6L Duramax
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 03:23 PM

We normally have 1 on hand. It depends how many they do or if they decided to keep it on hand. The motor assembly has the harness hardwired to it with about a foot of wire with a connector to connect to the seat harness.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT CCSB
All Terrain package

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ CCSB
HID's 6000K (Low and High beam)
DRL's rewired to Fog's
(Totaled 12-24-15)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 12:47 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Does anyone have pictures or step by step on how to do this? Also, what part numbers are for any replacements? thanks!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkautz View Post
I got pretty lucky, I got a call from my dealership notifying me on a recall for the truck. They'll be doing the recall and fixing the seat when I take it in.
i was looking online and i did not see any open recalls, see if you can get a bulletin number or campaign number and i can tell you what the process is for replacing or fixing the issue.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:11 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

I found two bulletins:

PIT5481D 20 August 2018
PIT5481C 19 January 2018

I don't know if these are GM actual bulletins or NTSB...

Last edited by slivo1966; 08-28-2019 at 01:17 PM.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivo1966 View Post
I found two bulletins:

PIT5481D 20 August 2018
PIT5481C 19 January 2018

I don't know if these are GM actual bulletins or NTSB...
This PI was superseded to update the models and model years. Please discard PIT5481C.

This PI is to provide additional information on the functionality of Lane Keep Assist and also to help understand why some customers may comment they do not get alerts (audible chime or safety alert seat vibration) when they cross a lane marker.

Lane Keep Assist (RPO UHX) replaced Lane Departure Warning (RPO UFL) starting with the 2016 model year. Lane Keep Assist is designed to assist the driver in keeping the vehicle from drifting out of a driving lane that has clearly identified markings. The electric power steering provides a gentle steering correction if a lane marking has been crossed and the driver has NOT actively responded (i.e. steering, accelerating, braking, use of turn signal). In situations where the steering corrections does not keep the vehicle from crossing the lane marker and the driver has NOT actively responded (ie. steering, accelerating, braking, use of turn signal), the Lane Departure Warning may activate and provide an alert (chime or safety alert seat vibration) back to the driver. If the driver tries to "test" the Lane Departure Warning alert and over comes the Lane Keep Assist correction so the vehicle intentionally crosses the lane marker, the system may interpret this as an active response, and in many cases, the system will NOT provide an alert. Therefore, alerts do NOT occur as often with Lane Keep Assist when compared to the Lane Departure Warning system used in the previous model year vehicles.

For Lane Keep Assist to start providing assist, the following criteria must be met:

– Vehicle speed between 38 mph and 111 mph
– Lane markings are clearly visible
– Lane Keep Assist is turned "on" via the enable/disable button located on the dash. When enabled, the LED on the button will illuminate.
– Lane marker width meets Lane Keep Assist criteria (not too wide or narrow)
– Lane marker radius meets Lane Keep Assist criteria (curve is not too tight)
When the criteria listed above is met, the Lane Keep Assist icon will illuminate, as seen in the photo below.

Object ID: 4319175Click here for detailed picture of the image.

The Lane Keep Assist icon has several different indication modes:

– Solid green indicates the system is ready to assist.
– Solid amber indicates Lane Keep Assist intervention is occurring
– Flashing amber indicates a Lane Departure Warning alert (chime or safety seat vibration)
– Lane Keep Assist and Lane Departure Warning alerts are suppressed with any deliberate driver response (ie. steering, accelerating, braking, use of turn signal, see below)
Drivers can suppress/override Lane Keep Assist with the following deliberate maneuvers

– Turning the steering wheel
– Braking
– Accelerating
– Turn signal is on in the direction of the lane crossing
Proper operation may be affected by factors outside the vehicle, including:

– Nearby vehicles ahead (tailgating)
– Sudden lighting changes, such as going through a tunnel
– Banked roads
– Poor lane markings, such as on some two-lane roads
– Snow, frost, ice, dirt, mud, bugs, etc on the windshield that are blocking the front camera
– Tar marks, cracks, shadows, temporary lane markings and other road imperfections
– Lane markings on one side of the road only (Lane Keep Assist provides assist only on the side with markings).
The driver is advised to turn off the system when these conditions are present; this does not indicate a system failure.

In addition, do not use Lane Keep Assist while towing a trailer or on a slippery road, as this may cause a loss of vehicle control.

Thats all it says on that one
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:09 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

I know...I printed both off...but, the dealer cannot locate that nor says that they can use it as a recall item or anything that shows as a bulletin in their system...I may have to pay now to have this fixed...sucks, and didn't realize that this is such a fragile item
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivo1966 View Post
I know...I printed both off...but, the dealer cannot locate that nor says that they can use it as a recall item or anything that shows as a bulletin in their system...I may have to pay now to have this fixed...sucks, and didn't realize that this is such a fragile item
i didn't see any open recalls or bulletins for the seat issues when i checked inside GLOBAL, so i am thinking that somebody misspoke when they said it was going to be covered with a recall. Maybe if you had a certified pre owned warranty which might cover it.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 05:37 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Well, it's not CPO, and the original warranty ran out. Just wondering if when they replaced the seat blower motor for the cooling seats, that they damaged or unplugged the left side of the vibration safety alert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode