DEF Heaters on Nationwide Back Order? - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011-2016 (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2011-2016 topics not related to powertrain

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:04 AM

thanks for offer my parts are under warranty
After warranty up i will delete that system
KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
If you own a vehicle newer than 1996 you need a scanner. Maybe you can't do much actual work but just knowing what is going on can be priceless. There is a thread on here about which scanner is best. There is no one answer but you can buy a dongle that will bluetooth with your phone for around $50 that will tell you all you need to know and then some. It will let you clear codes so that if it does limp you can unlimp it.

Here is the scanner thread:

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/d...t-scanner.html

Thanks wizard. Iíll invest in one for sure.

As soon as the light came on, I hit the onstar button and had to reactivate my account to get them to send me the code and description. But I obviously cannot clear it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bone stock Iridium Grey 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab with Air Lift Ultimate Airbags and Wireless onboard compressor.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkasman View Post
thanks for offer my parts are under warranty

After warranty up i will delete that system

KB

Was it covered under your 5 year 100K powertrain warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bone stock Iridium Grey 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab with Air Lift Ultimate Airbags and Wireless onboard compressor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:19 AM

yes the def system is covered for 5years or 160000 kilometres
Gm Gave me a rental truck new toyota tacoma till system fixed
C-130JSuperHerk likes this.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:27 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzbomb View Post
I have a full DEF system and some exhaust sensors. I removed from truck if anybody wants it for a very small fee lol
That is a very bad idea. Right now there is a thread running about how California is trying to apply 2010 emissions standards to all commercial vehicles. You can never tell when your state might start enforcing stricter standards. Maybe you don't need to pass an inspection now but you might need to some day. When it comes time to sell you may need to pass along anything removed to the next owner so that he can get an emissions inspection.

For what you could sell for now compared to the potential cost of replacing the missing items it just isn't worth it.

We have several members here who have had to refit emissions controls and have cried big tears over the cost of getting replacement stuff for what they don't have anymore.

We will have another economic downturn within 5 years. It is just the way the cycle goes and the government is enacting laws and removing laws in such a way as to make it inevitable. The rich like cycling economies because it is where fortunes are made. That comes at the expense of the average man. You may need to move for economic reasons to an area with stricter emissions laws.

It just isn't a good idea.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:33 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
That is a very bad idea. Right now there is a thread running about how California is trying to apply 2010 emissions standards to all commercial vehicles. You can never tell when your state might start enforcing stricter standards. Maybe you don't need to pass an inspection now but you might need to some day. When it comes time to sell you may need to pass along anything removed to the next owner so that he can get an emissions inspection.

For what you could sell for now compared to the potential cost of replacing the missing items it just isn't worth it.

We have several members here who have had to refit emissions controls and have cried big tears over the cost of getting replacement stuff for what they don't have anymore.

We will have another economic downturn within 5 years. It is just the way the cycle goes and the government is enacting laws and removing laws in such a way as to make it inevitable. The rich like cycling economies because it is where fortunes are made. That comes at the expense of the average man. You may need to move for economic reasons to an area with stricter emissions laws.

It just isn't a good idea.
Thatís ok I am from Canada we are light years behind you guys in the states and specially oil patch Alberta would be the last province to go green lol.

2016 Chevy 2500HD: ready lift leveling keys with 1" blocks in rear, Flo Pro 4Ē NM, EGR blocker plates, Autocal with Mitch Cooper tunes/trans tune, CCV delete, LED 45w headlights and fog lights, white Recon LED cab lights, LED switch back side tow mirror lights, Trex grille inserts, rear husky plastic wheel well liners, custom paint match mirrors, tow hooks and bow ties, Rough Country HD2 side steps, winter tires ultra 20x9" rims with 33"Goodyear dura trac studded, summer tires Mayham Arsenal 20x9" with 35" Comforcer tires
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
These nationwide back-orders on the DEF Heaters are a joke...took almost a month for my dealer to receive only two. I just gotta call from the Service Manager. One has my name on it and they will be installing it tomorrow. My code popped up three additional times during this last month, but at least I could easily clear it with my CTS...

2016 Sierra 2500HD Denali CCSB 4x4
- CCM Leveling Kit
- Bilstein 5100 Shocks
- BFG KO2 (275/65R20)
- Edge Insight CTS2 in Console Mount
- Highway Products Tool Box
- LED Fog Lights
- Rigid LED Back Up Lights
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:57 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJCarter View Post
These nationwide back-orders on the DEF Heaters are a joke...took almost a month for my dealer to receive only two. I just gotta call from the Service Manager. One has my name on it and they will be installing it tomorrow. My code popped up three additional times during this last month, but at least I could easily clear it with my CTS...
Proof positive that they put out a system that wasn't ready. If they can't make it work right and last then I wouldn't have a problem getting it off my truck.
townaj likes this.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:05 PM

I just had my DEF heater replaced today. Had to wait 1 week for parts. My fluid level warning came on 3 days ago so I just ignored it until today after the repair. The dealer filled it for me Ö.. no charge. I'm a happy camper.

shmoky

Bought in Sept. 2018.... 2016 Chev. Silverado 3500 LTZ CC Z-71, 8ft. box, 4x4, 37,000 miles, Sprayin box liner
MODS: Edge Insight CS2, Rigid LED in fog lights, PIAA extreme White Plus High beam, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Low Beam. 20" Rigid LED behind grill.
Future Mods: EFI Live by Duramaxtuner.com.

SOLD: 2008 GMC SIERRA 2500HD SLE EX.CAB Z-71, 8FT BOX, 4x4
MODS: EFI Live DSP5 Spade Jack Duramaxtuner by NICK, 33% fuel mileage increase with sport/economy tune(+100HP)Thanx Nick http://duramaxtuner.com/ MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust, PVC Reroute, PIAA extreme White Plus High beam & Low beam, AllOn mod, Amsoil Oil & Filters, 1996 Chevy S-10 EC 2x4 .. 2002 Chevy Silverado EC SB 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in