5 day old 2019 Colorado Z71...first CEL - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2016+ XLD28 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

5 day old 2019 Colorado Z71...first CEL

Had the first error code pop up at 120 miles on my new Colorado. OnStar pulled a diagnostic and provided the following:

P026D The Engine and Transmission System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Fuel Management System used to maintain, control and monitor fuel consumption. If the check engine light is flashing, a misfire condition has been detected. A misfire increases vehicle emissions and could damage the emission control system on the vehicle. Please reduce vehicle speed, avoid hard accelerations, avoid steep uphill grades, and reduce any cargo loads such as a trailer. If the vehicle is continually driven with the check engine light on, the emission controls might not work as well, the vehicle fuel economy might not be as good, and the engine might not run as smoothly.

Anyone have experience with this?Took it into the dealer Saturday morning to see what they have to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Dealer says it is a bad injector. Controlled part by GM or some nonsense to that effect. No idea when I will get my truck back...4 days in so far
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedYeti View Post
Dealer says it is a bad injector. Controlled part by GM or some nonsense to that effect. No idea when I will get my truck back...4 days in so far
Keep us up dated let us know what dealer as says they should be able to give you an idea of when the part will be in

2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 2wd Crew Cab. Stock. 200 mile regen club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Dealer replaced the injector and ECU. Was in the shop for 28 days. Took it home and had diesel spewing out of the fuel rail. Took it back in, they take it for a few hours and say it is fixed. I drive it back home. And to the store a couple times...and I have another puddle of diesel under my truck. Taking it back tomorrow or Saturday for them to have another crack at fixing the issue. 3 visits and 30 days so far for the same issue since I purchased it on 8 December.
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Less than 300 miles on the truck and about half of them have been put on going to and from the dealer and for service test drives. It has been parked in my driveway less than two weeks since I bought it in December
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 08:59 PM

Third time in for same problem normally qualifies for lemon law in most states.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

I’m hoping today is the last time I have to take it in.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedYeti View Post
Dealer replaced the injector and ECU. Was in the shop for 28 days. Took it home and had diesel spewing out of the fuel rail. Took it back in, they take it for a few hours and say it is fixed. I drive it back home. And to the store a couple times...and I have another puddle of diesel under my truck. Taking it back tomorrow or Saturday for them to have another crack at fixing the issue. 3 visits and 30 days so far for the same issue since I purchased it on 8 December.
Did they leave something loose on the fuel rail? It was not leaking when you took it in correct. Is it still leaking at the fuel rail or is it leaking in a different location now? You may need to take it to a different dealer if they can't get the problem fixed some dealers ha e better techs than others especially when it comes to diesels. I would be upset as well if I was in your shoes. Met us know what they say.

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkey52 View Post
Third time in for same problem normally qualifies for lemon law in most states.
First time he took it in it wasn't for the fuel rail leak the 2nd time he took it in was for the fuel rail leak he doesn't tell us where it is leaking this time so he is not looking at lemon law.

post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

The CEL came on today with another P026D code. Truck is at the dealer again. They had to bring engineers out last time. We’ll see how this one pans out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode