2016 Colorado check engine light came on at 400 miles - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2016+ XLD28 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '16 and up XLD28 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 09:01 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by geikenj View Post
Apparently it's not a software issue after all. The Chevy engineer brought in a testing apparatus that put the exhaust system under 12 psi. By doing that, they found that the ERG valve was leaking. So they ordered the parts to fix it. As I understand it, this is an 8 hour fix and that they have to take apart most of the engine to access the valve.
Good Morning geikenj,

We are sorry to hear of the concerns that you are continuing to experience in regards to your Colorado. Our team would be more than happy to discuss these concerns with you in greater detail. To do so, please send us a private message that includes your VIN, full contact information, current mileage, and the name of your servicing dealership. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Philip J.
GM Customer Care

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 03:59 PM

Still waiting on GMs fix. Dealership is not taking my advice to test the EGR valve.
Told the dealer i dont want to trick back intill it is fixed.
geikenj likes this.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

LittleDiesel1 -

Hopefully they can get it figured out for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:17 PM

Gm decided to offer and buy back my truck full price. Since no fix for CEL. Gm is definitely looking for the customer best interest. I decided to upgrade to a 2017 diesel 2500. Hopefully no issues with the newly tweeked 8 cylinder duramax
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 05:23 AM

Wow ,I have also just purchased a 2017 Colorado Z71 4x4 with the 2.8 and my check engine light has come on at 440 miles .I called the small dealership where I had purchased it from just 4 days ago and they informed me that this was there first sale of a 2.8 and they have no experience with this and that I should check my fuel cap and contact onstar .I called onstar to find out that it is an emissions problem. It is the weekend and I cannot get it into a dealership so while doing some google research I find out that this is a huge issue.I think that I will need to find a larger GM dealership that has a reputable Duramax service technician so if anyone knows of one in the Ft Wayne ,Indiana to Lima,Ohio vicinity I would appreciate your input. I would also like any advise or guidance to pass on to the technician in order to help resolve this.

Sandman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode