Pulled Banks Derringer and Intake Due to Dealers Refusing Service - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017-19 GM T-K2 Platform Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '17 and up L5P Duramax Trucks No Advertising

33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhaulic View Post
Why don't you just go to another dealer?
I have not been refused warranty service at 2 different dealers for Banks products on either truck.
Unfortunately been refused warranty work at three different dealerships.

Salt Lake Valley Chevrolet West Valley, UT
Riverton Chevrolet Riverton, UT Closest to my house
Riverton Chevrolet Elko, NV Where I had the P127C code

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax (L5P) Crew Cab 4x4 SRW Standard Box High Country Loaded w/ Rear Entertainment Package, Fabtech 4” Suspension Lift w/ Heavy Duty Tie Rods, 35” Tires on 18x8.5 Vision Valor Wheels, Luverne Grille Guard w/ Parking Sensor Relocation Kit, Rhino Roll Bar (Sport Bar 2.0) w/ 8” Hella Off-Road Lights, Banks Derringer / iDash / Intake / DPF Back Exhaust, Fabtech Stealth Shocks w/ Front Limit Straps, Front & Rear Hellwig Sway Bars, Airlift Air Bags w/ Wireless Air, DuraFlap Mud Guards, S&B MAP Sensor Spacer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
I don't see this as an emissions issue at all.

Banks brags about the extra horsepower and torque they provide.

GM warranties the horsepower and torque it was shipped with.

I don't understand why anyone expects GM to warranty anyone else's idea of what HP/tq levels are appropriate.
Derringer (or anyone else) should come with a 'replacement' powertrain warranty OR ensure that customers know that they are giving up powertrain protection.
Again ... none of my warranty requests have had anything to do with the Banks system or any components associated with the Banks system.

They simply refused ANY warranty work because this system was installed.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax (L5P) Crew Cab 4x4 SRW Standard Box High Country Loaded w/ Rear Entertainment Package, Fabtech 4” Suspension Lift w/ Heavy Duty Tie Rods, 35” Tires on 18x8.5 Vision Valor Wheels, Luverne Grille Guard w/ Parking Sensor Relocation Kit, Rhino Roll Bar (Sport Bar 2.0) w/ 8” Hella Off-Road Lights, Banks Derringer / iDash / Intake / DPF Back Exhaust, Fabtech Stealth Shocks w/ Front Limit Straps, Front & Rear Hellwig Sway Bars, Airlift Air Bags w/ Wireless Air, DuraFlap Mud Guards, S&B MAP Sensor Spacer
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6686L View Post
............neither have I; my local dealer will accept my truck for service so long as the work requested has nothing to do with any relationship to the emission controls.

Again, can you blame individual privately owned businesses for being spooked by the potential costs & penalties? I agree-if you don’t like a private business’s policies....go somewhere else - guaranteed if someone tried to tell me how to run my own business.......well....!

Let’s try and keep a low profile....in my view, our greatest enemy is the borderline psycho cases who do wierd things to their trucks to try and attract attention.

The EPA is going to “rain on our parade”...........just a matter of time. Why make obvious pests of ourselves & thereby speed things up?
As much as I can appreciate the “staying off the radar” ... especially being a Montana transplant ... I think this post may be borderline paranoia regarding the EPA.

I did not and will not delete any emissions equipment on my truck ... so I have no worries about the EPA.

Maybe my local dealers just suck and I need to keep going to others until I find one that will not pester me about the Banks equipment.

To be honest I have a job, wife and kids ... and have exhausted all the time left to give to the local dealers ... so it is easier to remove the Banks equipment until it is off warranty.
6686L likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 407driver View Post
If you think Ford is any better, Think again! When a Ford CP4 dies they will move heaven and earth to find the most minute speck bit of rust in an effort to refuse to warranty a known problem.
Never said Ford was my any better and appreciate the feedback.

Simply said I would buy a Ford before I would end up in another 5 year court battle.

I have been a loyal Chevy guy my whole life ... and their 1/2 ton trucks have served me well.

First time I have ever had these type issues with dealerships.

Makes me wonder if GM has instructed dealerships on how to handle vehicles with aftermarket performance items installed.

post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMAWHISTLER View Post
Better pull the lift kit and bigger tires as well. They cause more environmentally detrimental fossil fuel to be consumed thereby lowering the quality of life for the entire planet. Come on fellas! While I'm on the rant, we better not use any cleaner or lubricant on our bicycle chains either!!!!!
Unfortunately I cannot pull the lift kit because the stock height clearances would not clear the dirt berms and trenches at the remote mine sites I cover.

i.e. GM has these trucks with such a rake from the factory and tires so small the front nose can’t even clear a tall curb without scraping.

post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTEngineer View Post
Unfortunately been refused warranty work at three different dealerships.

Salt Lake Valley Chevrolet West Valley, UT
Riverton Chevrolet Riverton, UT Closest to my house
Riverton Chevrolet Elko, NV Where I had the P127C code
Sucks....

Sorry to hear... Good luck...

2019 Quartz Red Denali HD Chrome deleted
2013 GMC SLE fully deleated. Sold
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 09:28 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTEngineer View Post
Unfortunately I cannot pull the lift kit because the stock height clearances would not clear the dirt berms and trenches at the remote mine sites I cover.
Presumably you're not the only one out there.

What does everyone else do?
BeardedBBQ likes this.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
Presumably you're not the only one out there.

What does everyone else do?
Approximately 30 heavy duty trucks at the gold mine where I was working today outside Eureka, NV.

Sadly, I was the only GM HD on-site.

I would guesstimate 60% Fords and 40% Dodges ... almost all of them still in stock form ... except for more aggressive tires than that stock garbage.

Fairly obvious that factory ground clearance has removed GM from the buying decision.

However, I did receive several compliments on the looks of my leveled Chevy HD Duramax with 35 inch tires.

Not too many people can truly say they need ground clearance for their job ... but I can thanks to mining ...

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I snapped a picture going into the mine today with the required green strobe and lighted whip while my truck was still clean.

Will try to remember to get a picture of the ditches on the mine site so I can show the required ground clearance.
Attached Images

post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 05:28 AM

Parking ditches ? There are plenty of GM trucks at the mines, Ledcor runs GM trucks. Newmont and Barrick are certainly Ford biased. A lot of it comes down to the dealer they have to deal with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode