EDGE Pulsar kickin a$$ and taking names - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017-19 GM T-K2 Platform Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '17 and up L5P Duramax Trucks No Advertising

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
L5P Edge Pulsar +90HP Review

My Pulsar showed up on Tuesday. Install was easy minus the gosh dern ecm harness removal, whoever designed those needs to get punched enough to knock some sense into their noggin...must've designed the oil inlet as well. Well holy hell batman, definitely a YUGE upgrade over the derringer IMO. The throttle sensitivity is great, setting the power level, adjusting for the tire size was a breeze. I am having an issue with the oil pressure gauge on the instrument cluster not reading, my case is in the manager/engineers hands and they are working on a fix. Im sure we will have that resolved soon. But the truck has definitely been woke up and I dare say the power feels like a tuned LBZ. Not a built engine truck but the responsiveness and umphh is there. So for others out there looking for more than the derringer has to offer but not spend $3K plus, i think this will fit exactly what youre looking for because it certainly did for me!

Update: Edge is overnight shipping me a new unit so they can test the one I received. Removing the Pulsar my Oil Pressure Gauge was working so we eliminated my truck/sensor as being the failure point.

Once I receive the new unit and install, hopefully everything works and I will be able to give a decent mileage report as I work 60 miles away from where I live so 120 miles roundtrip give or take a day for the next several weeks. I will see what mileage, def usage, and how happy it makes me not driving a slug!

Last edited by FightinTexasAggie; 11-23-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Received the new unit, installed and everything works as it should! Boy just a couple days without it and putting it back on, the throttle sensitivity is day/night difference. Not to mention the top end power definitely feels better. Havenít had it on long enough for any fuel mileage, def usage reports yet but I will keep yíall updated. Havenít tried it on level 5 yet, highest has been level 4 which has been enough for me. Again for those of you on the fence, the $800 price tag is worth every penny!! I sold my cts2 but might have to buy another to take full advantage of this thing.
Epicenter and vegasl5p like this.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 12:34 AM

I have been very interested in the Pulsar. Edge is just around the corner from me. Keep the updates coming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
With a 6" lift on 35's, hand calculated so far I am averaging 14.9 on level 4 through 3 tanks of fuel and 2 regens. I didn't have the lift on long enough before to get an accurate mpg, but I believe it hasn't changed. Def usage so far seems the same, the smile on my face has definitely increased. Towing a 20 ft bay boat, I went to pass someone and going from 60-75 was smooth, pulled really strong and couldn't tell there was a couple thousand pounds behind me. Being in the south, the high idle adjustment isn't a big issue for me, but for some of you guys further up north, being able to increase idle to 1100 RPM's I would imagine would help out in the colder weather. Updating it is easy, just plug into the OBD2 with the supplied cable and bring up the update agent on your laptop and it'll scan for updates.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Curious, what would you say is the difference youíre feeling between the derringer and the level 4 on the pulsar with approx the same ratings?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mystaken818 likes this.

2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB (LBZ) 4x4 - Air Box Mod, Banks Six Gun
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
This may be a dumb question because I have not had the opportunity to play with a Pulsar unit yet. Is there a way to disable the Pulsar unit functionality via steering wheel button sequence yet the stock communications can still transfer thru the device? The reason I ask ... would it not make sense for Edge to offer this functionality so the unit would not have to be pulled for dealer service ... i.e. simply disabled so the service technicians would not know it was there unless they actually looked at the physical location.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax (L5P) Crew Cab 4x4 SRW Standard Box High Country Loaded w/ Rear Entertainment Package, Fabtech 4Ē Suspension Lift w/ Heavy Duty Tie Rods, 35Ē Tires on 18x8.5 Vision Valor Wheels, Luverne Grille Guard w/ Parking Sensor Relocation Kit, Rhino Roll Bar (Sport Bar 2.0) w/ 8Ē Hella Off-Road Lights, Banks Derringer / iDash / Intake / DPF Back Exhaust, Fabtech Stealth Shocks w/ Front Limit Straps, Front & Rear Hellwig Sway Bars, Airlift Air Bags w/ Wireless Air, DuraFlap Mud Guards, S&B MAP Sensor Spacer, Kryptonite Heavy Duty Pitman and Idler Arm, Centramatics
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 05:53 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinTexasAggie View Post
With a 6" lift on 35's, hand calculated so far I am averaging 14.9 on level 4 through 3 tanks of fuel and 2 regens. I didn't have the lift on long enough before to get an accurate mpg, but I believe it hasn't changed. Def usage so far seems the same, the smile on my face has definitely increased. Towing a 20 ft bay boat, I went to pass someone and going from 60-75 was smooth, pulled really strong and couldn't tell there was a couple thousand pounds behind me. Being in the south, the high idle adjustment isn't a big issue for me, but for some of you guys further up north, being able to increase idle to 1100 RPM's I would imagine would help out in the colder weather. Updating it is easy, just plug into the OBD2 with the supplied cable and bring up the update agent on your laptop and it'll scan for updates.
Any more updates in the pulsar, still going strong? How is the top end WOT?
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 06:12 AM

In for updates...

Josh
2018 2500HD High Country
2011 2500HD LTZ
2006 2500HD- 4x4 slammed on 20" LMLs- SOLD
1996 Z28- 8 second ride
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So it didn't increase or decrease def useage. Well unless you get into it frequently but even then its the same way stock. 0 issues so far, the most power is from 1750-2250 RPM's in my opinion. cruise around 50, have it drop into 4th and the truck takes off like a rocket. The top end power for passing is greatly improved over stock. I have just over 1700 miles with it installed so far and still hasn't disappointed me!
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTEngineer View Post
This may be a dumb question because I have not had the opportunity to play with a Pulsar unit yet. Is there a way to disable the Pulsar unit functionality via steering wheel button sequence yet the stock communications can still transfer thru the device? The reason I ask ... would it not make sense for Edge to offer this functionality so the unit would not have to be pulled for dealer service ... i.e. simply disabled so the service technicians would not know it was there unless they actually looked at the physical location.
Level 0 is factory settings ita my understanding that it literally just passes through and doesn't alter anything. that being said besides the harness connectors having any dirt in the tracks, it isn't hard to remove the ecm. But level 0 will allow everything on the truck to function as stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode