Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

AG Diesel solutions tuner

13K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  royg6677 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I looked at their site. It is a tuner with a 4 position switch to alter the HP of the engine from stock to 90 HP gains. It Does NOT allow for deleting anything.

If I were in the market Id look at the Edge Evolution instead. It offers canned tuning but is also a monitor so you can keep track of up to 9 engine functions simultaneously.

The cost difference is negligible.

Just my .02 worth

#6 ·
Banks derringer will detune when needed. I don't think any of the others will. There is a video being released this week by Banks that is going to explain their de-fueling option and compare all the modules.

Sounds like the Banks unit is the only one that plugs into the OBD2 port to monitor the necessary systems in order to de-fuel back to stock power levels when needed.

#10 ·
No it comes with a 3 position switch if you don’t get the idash but the idash is pretty cool. Monitors just about anything you want. Not too big like the cts2 I’ll post a pic of my setup later.

#12 ·
Here is my setup. I didn’t want the the pillar so I found this on amazon. It works good and isn’t in the way of anything.

Attachments

#16 ·
Gauge Mount

Please let me know what you think of the mount when you get it and how it mounts. What color is it?
Thanks RRG

#18 ·
Please let me know what you think of the mount when you get it and how it mounts. What color is it?
Thanks RRG
Here is the mount...

will need a little tweaking as it interferes w hazard switch
Color wise it doesn't match texture or color of the column very well, but it does match the door panels and plastic texture... Its not well seen sitting behind the steering wheel anyhow...

It'll be functional. My Pillars are a light tan and trying to color match it would be an added cost as I'm sure I can't get it in a spray can...

Attachments

#17 ·
I bought one of those steering column mounts from Summit, but I was not happy with the double sided tape mounting. I contemplated rigging some black wire ties and then finally just made a mount for the post.

How did you attach yours, and are you happy with with it?

#19 ·
It comes with some plastic push pins that you drill 4 holes in the column which didn’t bother me too much as I would only take off when traded in. The idash is really nice. I tried the 2 sided tape and I also bought some heavy duty 3m tape and it didn’t stand up in the heat. Decided to use the plastic pins and they work good. The replacement column part on gmparts wasn’t much but the holes are so small on the side they are hardly noticeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.