“Chuggling” Issue on 2019 L5P Duramax - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017-19 GM T-K2 Platform Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '17 and up L5P Duramax Trucks No Advertising

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 07:21 AM

I'm at 4500 to 5100 feet all the time. In town is lower elevation at 4500. It is actually less frequent now but I've noticed the truck starting to do it when i'm slowing down with my foot off the accelerator and no brakes applied. Feels just like a toque converter lock up issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 08:40 AM

It sounds like there may be a fix??

Hello all, last night the service manager from the dealership I 5163482)purchased my 19' Silverado Duramax came by and gave me a copy of a bulletin (#18-NA-334: Information on perceived longer crank, hesitation feel and / or surge - dated Feb 2, 2019 - document #5163482). It appears to me that there are three sections that may apply to my / our issue(s) (Transmission Torque Request Override, Transmission Adapt Learns and Change in Torque Converter Lock Up Strategy). He told me that he was not accepting what the bulletin was saying because he didn't feel he could go to his customers (three more complaining just last week) and tell them this is how it is and to keep driving their truck and it should eventually correct itself. So, he asked me to drop my truck off this week for a day or two and they have a procedure to perform that he believes may solve the issue. He said they have a test procedure from the GM field reps that they will perform which will probably result in from one to three sensors needing to be replaced as well as a re-flash of the computer which will reset the Adapt Learning of the transmission all over again. I will report how this goes.
UTEngineer likes this.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:53 AM

Thank you. Please keep us posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 11:01 PM

So what is chuggling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 GMC SLT 4x4 2500 crew cab
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 02:59 PM

From Post #14:

I hear it at the 10 second mark. (The vibrating at the 4-second mark is the seat vibration for lane deviation I think)
MBen likes this.

2017 Silverado 2500HD Z71 L5P

Last edited by defenestrator; 03-18-2019 at 03:13 PM.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 04:02 PM

No the beginning of video is going over a cattle guard. It's near the end of the video. That's my video I posted to YouTube
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 04:08 PM

Ah, I see the cattle guard now. It sounded just like my lane departure seat vibration. Thanks for the clarification.

So at what mark in the video does the chugging begin? Is it at 10 seconds, or some other point. It's hard to hear without knowing where to really pinpoint. Thanks.

2017 Silverado 2500HD Z71 L5P
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 04:10 PM

Near the end of the video. You really need to turn up the volume. About 45mph
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 01:43 PM

Just to keep everyone in the loop.
My dealer had me bring my truck (2019 Chev Duramax High Country) in. They replaced a sensor (EGR) and "reprogrammed" the computer. The truck didn't display the problem for about 3 weeks but it has come back and chugged three times in the last 10 days. This time it has been the low-speed chugging (right at about 30 mph). I haven't had the 50 mph chugging since the re-program.
While in Idaho (southern) with my son purchasing a duramax or himself I talked to one of the salesmen who told me that he has had a new 2017, 18 and 19 and all three have had the problem. He said his dealership put the computer on and had him drive for quite some time. He insisted that the truck displayed the problem so they have it on the computer and can identify what is happening. He said that they did the same thing (replaced one or two sensors and reprogrammed the computer) and it still hasn't fixed the problem.
I am sorry but at this point I don't have much hope at all that GM has any intention of fixing the problem. I have also heard that the new Duramax is putting out more hp and GM is a little worried about the transmission which is why they short shift the transmission (which they say is causing the problem).
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 01:45 PM

Yup, that's it. I also get it at 30 mph. The last time it did it, it kept doing it until I let my foot off the throttle for a couple of seconds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode