2019 Build - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017-19 GM T-K2 Platform Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '17 and up L5P Duramax Trucks No Advertising

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

2019 Build

I recently purchased a new 2019 Denali about a month ago. Ive put about 2500km on it and am loving it thus far. I'm currently in the process of getting the parts installed which will hopefully be done tomorrow. So far I've got a 2-3 coil over conversion, 3.5" downpipe with EGR fix, new turbo intake horn with pcv reroute, new up pipes, intake and resonator delete and new ecm and tcm. Future plans are a built trans and rear airbags. Ill post some more pictures when its all finished. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I need next or am missing?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 04:04 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jPhilpott View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for what I need next or am missing?
A pic of the truck stock and where you have it now would help us watch the progression.
Shov, jdwarren and Mystaken818 like this.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

My build thread https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/b...lly-build.html

GM DRW club member #224
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:33 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Please keep the posts coming. I would love to see what you do. Don't forget pictures. I would like to see the coil-over conversion and I'd also like to pick your brain about the tuner/delete etc. I ordered a 2019 3 weeks ago and am patiently waiting for it to come in. Are the EPA standards different in Canada? I don't even have the truck yet, but am trying to figure out how I'm going to get the "junk" off the drivetrain...EGR, DPF, DEF... Right now I don't know what's out there for tuner/deletes. School me! Thanks

'07 Classic GMC 3500SRW, LBZ, BullyDog Triple Dog w/ Outlook, 5" TurboBack MBRP, Volant Intake Stage 2 filter, 6" RCD Lift on 18/325R/65 wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

I didn't have any pictures of the truck stock but its a summit white 2500 Denali that had 18" wheels; nothing too special...
The suspension is in along with 20" fuel wheels and 35" fuel tires. This is my first time using Fuel's wheels and tires but so far no complaints after 800km. In terms of ride quality, I would say it rides the same as factory and maybe even a little better. I'm very happy with how the BDS kit turned out. The tuning and deletes were quite labor and mechanically intensive. I'm still sorting out a few issues which haven't aloud for the install of the modified tcm and some factory options that aren't working. I'm confident these will be sorted in a week or two. The truck runs strong. I've currently got the 120hp tune in it as I don't have the tcm in yet or a built trans. As far as I know the only company offering the capability of tuning is HP Tuners. There are a few companies offering tuning, some with emissions, some with out. The hard parts required for emissions removal I sourced form Wehrli, which are available for "off road use only". I'm not entirely sure about EPA (CEPA in Canada I believe) but deleted diesel vehicles are not uncommon. Next up will be a different front bumper as 35s rub brutally right now.

Sorry about the poor picture quality. I had to compress them in order to upload.
Attached Images

2019 Sierra Denali
-3" Coil Over Conversion
-Deleted and Tuned
-BD E-PAS

2015 Sierra Denali *Sold*
-PPE Manifolds, Down and Up Pipes
-4" Straight Pipe
-Snow Performance Methanol
-Tuning by Motorops
-Fass Fuel Lift with Sump
-S&B Intake
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Here's what it currently looks like.
Attached Images

2019 Sierra Denali
-3" Coil Over Conversion
-Deleted and Tuned
-BD E-PAS

-4" Straight Pipe
-Tuning by Motorops
-S&B Intake
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 05:03 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
While your posting new comments there is a tab to "Go Advanced", click that and you'll see an option to manage attachments.

Click that tab and you can upload 5 pics (one at a time) per comment and no need to compress anything.
Attached Images

Shov likes this.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

GM DRW club member #224
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Ill get some better pictures once it warms up a little bit. Its been -35C or colder pretty consistently up here.

2019 Sierra Denali
-3" Coil Over Conversion
-Deleted and Tuned
-BD E-PAS

-4" Straight Pipe
-Tuning by Motorops
-S&B Intake
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Here's what the finished install looks like on the new down pipe, turbo inlet and intake, pcv reroute and the egr fix kit. Very happy with how it turned out. Eventually ill do the driver side intercooler and upper coolant piping. Tuning still isn't 100% yet but will get sorted eventually. More to come...
Attached Images

hdrolling, pigpen23 and Sierraluva like this.

2019 Sierra Denali
-3" Coil Over Conversion
-Deleted and Tuned
-BD E-PAS

-4" Straight Pipe
-Tuning by Motorops
-S&B Intake
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:07 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jPhilpott View Post
Here's what the finished install looks like on the new down pipe, turbo inlet and intake, pcv reroute and the egr fix kit. Very happy with how it turned out. Eventually ill do the driver side intercooler and upper coolant piping. Tuning still isn't 100% yet but will get sorted eventually. More to come...
Coming along nicely, And now that we can actually see the pics helps.

Nothing more fun than tearing apart a brand new truck!

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

GM DRW club member #224
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:29 AM

I love these new truck builds because i sit here and drool! Keep it coming!
Mystaken818 likes this.

2005 LLY
-A work in progress-
EFI Live by Scott Houser, Napolean Ohio.
64mm Ported Rated R Turbo by Eric Rychener,Pettisville, Ohio, Bosche 10% Sportsman injectors,PPE stainless down pipe, Magnaflow 5" turbo back, 8" Cat stack, with custom Stack Box built by yours truly,EGR delete, welded(modified) up-pipe, Lbz Mouth piece, HSP Y-bridge and intake tube kit,Banks Ram Air CAI,ARP Head-studs and GM grade C head gaskets,Fuel Pressure relief Race Valve
Cat Fuel filter adapter and filter, New FPR x2 , 20x12 Vision Wheels, Ampz tires, And a lot of LED lights.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode