Banks Intake and Exhaust on the Way - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017-19 GM T-K2 Platform Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '17 and up L5P Duramax Trucks No Advertising

53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:00 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Why PM. Maybe we have the same questions 😜
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 06:40 PM

It’s here! Can’t wait to install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black HD likes this.
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Found a $3 plastic cap that fit perfect for the intake resonator delete at Lowes ... in the sprinkler section of all places.

Once you remove the stock intake boot the intake resonator wobbles around ... so I removed the funky stock rubber washer causing the wobble issue and securely reattached the intake resonator.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax (L5P) Crew Cab 4x4 SRW Standard Box High Country Loaded w/ Rear Entertainment Package, Fabtech 4” Suspension Lift w/ Heavy Duty Tie Rods, 35” Tires on 18x8.5 Vision Valor Wheels, Luverne Grille Guard w/ Parking Sensor Relocation Kit, Rhino Roll Bar (Sport Bar 2.0) w/ 8” Hella Off-Road Lights, Banks Derringer / iDash / Intake / DPF Back Exhaust, Fabtech Stealth Shocks w/ Front Limit Straps, Front & Rear Hellwig Sway Bars, Airlift Air Bags w/ Wireless Air, DuraFlap Mud Guards, S&B MAP Sensor Spacer, Kryptonite Heavy Duty Pitman and Idler Arm, Centramatics

Last edited by UTEngineer; 05-08-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Pictures of the $3 cap installed. In my opinion, it looks cleaner leaving the intake resonator installed. I highly recommend installing the Banks boot and deleting the intake resonator. My truck actually lost most of the hesitation it previously had when I punched the gas from a stop ... I was shocked at the improvement this caused.
Attached Images

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax (L5P) Crew Cab 4x4 SRW Standard Box High Country Loaded w/ Rear Entertainment Package, Fabtech 4” Suspension Lift w/ Heavy Duty Tie Rods, 35” Tires on 18x8.5 Vision Valor Wheels, Luverne Grille Guard w/ Parking Sensor Relocation Kit, Rhino Roll Bar (Sport Bar 2.0) w/ 8” Hella Off-Road Lights, Banks Derringer / iDash / Intake / DPF Back Exhaust, Fabtech Stealth Shocks w/ Front Limit Straps, Front & Rear Hellwig Sway Bars, Airlift Air Bags w/ Wireless Air, DuraFlap Mud Guards, S&B MAP Sensor Spacer, Kryptonite Heavy Duty Pitman and Idler Arm, Centramatics
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:41 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

How much louder would you say the truck is with the resonator deleted. I am probably one of the few who likes the fact that the trucks are so much quieter now. I had an 05 LLY, this truck is so much quieter
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystaken818 View Post
How much louder would you say the truck is with the resonator deleted. I am probably one of the few who likes the fact that the trucks are so much quieter now. I had an 05 LLY, this truck is so much quieter
You can definitely hear more rumble with the Banks intake, but I'm not sure if the volume increase is due to the resonator delete or just a the larger filter in a less restrictive housing. My Yukon got louder with a K&N, so it may just be the larger filter addition. I also like it quieter, so I am going to put the resonator back on with the stock boot to see if it is noticeably quieter.

2017 Silverado 2500HD Z71 L5P
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I ran mine with the stock boot for about a month ... definitely much quieter. There is definitely a low level drone sound with the intake resonator removed ... but nothing loud or annoying in my opinion. In my opinion the off-the-line hesitation tradeoff is worth the low level drone sound. I drive 30k per year for work so I also prefer the quiet ride ... so if it was annoying I would also put the stock boot back on. To each their own ... I recommend trying it both ways like I did and do what works best for you.
defenestrator and Mystaken818 like this.

post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTEngineer View Post
There is definitely a low level drone sound with the intake resonator removed ... but nothing loud or annoying in my opinion.
Agreed; better stated. Thanks.
UTEngineer likes this.

2017 Silverado 2500HD Z71 L5P
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:04 PM

Finished up the exhaust install. I will add that in order to get the clamps tight, I had to break out the 1/2" drive ratchet. Tightened them with a 3/8" and the pipes still had some play. I used 4" band clamps. Sorry for the crappy pics. I was anxious to drive it.
Attached Images

UTEngineer likes this.

2005 Toyota Tacoma DC 4x4 4.0L TRD Off-Road
2008 Yamaha Zuma YW 50

2015 GMC 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison Black on Black
2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M Toy Hauler
2019 Ranger RB190 Bay
2019 Yamaha UMAX 1
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Looks good ... and no more “trumpet” looking stock exhaust spewing hot exhaust fumes at your trailer during regen. 😉
Black HD likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode