Leveled truck longevity - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017-19 GM T-K2 Platform Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Leveled truck longevity

i Have a 17 l5p 3500 Crew long bed 4x4. Last year around this time I leveled the truck with keys and shock extenders , added 20 x10 -12 off set wheels and 295-55 - 20 tires. Love the stance looks great. I am not new to these trucks and know that leveling these in this manner is a incorrect way to make the front end last . But was curious for those of you that have done this how long are your front end parts lasting before premature ware takes place , on pitman arm , idler arm , ball joints all the usual suspects . Any feed back would be good for all of us thanks.

Bone stock 2012 cclb dually 4x4 LML - Sold 05 lly 6in rcd, 4in straight pipe, banks ram air, efi live, afe mp,20in moto metals,35 12/50 toyo open country mud terrains , mag hytec pans, di pricol boost and pyro gauges, and 149xxx and counting-was a great truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 05:20 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Depends on how high you cranked them..

Upper ball joint angle and tierod ends are the usual areas.... but both can be addressed with new upper control arm for higher angle and same for the tierod ends... No issues with any other parts...

I went a few years before needing to swap / upgrade mine on my old 13'

2019 Quartz Red Denali HD Chrome deleted
2013 GMC SLE fully deleated. Sold
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 07:47 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

I've went 135k and 150k on two trucks with the front ends leveled and never replaced any parts. I did use aftermarket UCA's on both trucks.

Casey
2016 Denali 3500HD - Starting from scratch.
Drop shackles. Tint.

2018 Silverado 2500HD - Sold
2015 Silverado 2500HD - Sold
2012 Silverado 2500HD - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in