8000 miles and injector problems - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017-19 GM T-K2 Platform Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

8000 miles and injector problems

First diesel truck and I wish I would have heeded the advice I saw on here and not bought the truck. 8000 miles in and Iím having code po1cf.

Some research on here shows itís a known problem. Oh joy.

This is my work truck when itís down Iím not making money. I drove my ecoboost ford transit van like I stole it every day and had only a few problems revolving around joints. I regret buying this 50000$ paperweight also known as a Duramax.

8000 miles and I have an injector code. If I could go back in time I wouldnít buy this truck.

This sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

*joints = ujoints
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 07:47 PM

I havenít heard of many of these problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Next up the three hour process of unloading the truck so I can take it in for service. Iíll reload my beat down transit van and put it back to work. Iíll keep this post updated but as of now itís a real ing disappointment
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 07:55 PM

Sorry to say but if you're here to piss & moan about buyers regret on a Dmax Forum you probably won't get much sympathy. It sucks but it's a piece of equipment, they break. If your ecopoof was so awesome I guess you should have bought another one of those
407driver and Durtynuby like this.

2015.5 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ, Z71, SRW.
Summit White
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

I still have the ecoboost waiting in the wings. Tomorrow morning Iíll be loading it up. Donít tell me 8000 miles is an ok Mileage to have problems because itís not. All vehicles have problems I get it.

But dam itís only had one oil change.

I know all about equipment breaking I own and operate a fleet service company and 5he Duramax is my paycheck.
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 08:29 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

I assume this is a newer truck- 2017+? There is a known problem with the electrical connections to the injectors. I've really only seen it reported on the '17s and '18s. Apparently a manufacturing / design problem with the connector. GM is well aware of it but I'm not sure what they are currently doing to fix it.
Montucky likes this.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 408,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump.
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by long-time-dmax View Post
I assume this is a newer truck- 2017+? There is a known problem with the electrical connections to the injectors. I've really only seen it reported on the '17s and '18s. Apparently a manufacturing / design problem with the connector. GM is well aware of it but I'm not sure what they are currently doing to fix it.
Yes itís a 2019 Iíve got an appointment today at dealer, but from my research it appears they donít have a fix for this. I am going to change the fuel filter this morning.
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 09:11 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

They were replacing injectors on them for a while but think they figured out that was just a temporary fix. I know one of the guys on here who uses his truck to tow commercially has discovered that cleaning the connectors works. He has over 250k on his '17 so I'm guessing he knows what he's talking about.
Montucky likes this.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 408,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump.
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 09:12 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
There is a fix-it kit from GM to re-pin the connectors. I just cut mine off, and used gold plated LBZ plugs.

The truck is still under warranty. Take it in and let them do their thing. A forum diagnosis could be way out in left field somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
407driver, APPPQs and Montucky like this.

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode