Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

P2481 code Exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit range code

12K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Jmajors 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this engine code. Searched around on google with not much luck any ideas would be great!

#2 ·
I would pull the EGT and clean it with electronics cleaner. Since it is located ahead of the DPF there is a good chance excessive particulate matter may have coated / plugged the sensor.

#10 ·
Don't hold your breath.
Another that came for suggestions and disappeared without ever providing any update.

'Latest' activity was the 5 posts made in this thread at the time he joined....10 months ago.

#17 ·
You can see the sensor though the P/S rear wheel well located right before the exhaust goes over the axle the 2nd sensor
Its is covered under power train warrenty that is 160 000km or 5 year
If you dont have power train warrenty anymore its pretty cheap sensor i think 80 bucks dont quote me on it but i know its not crazy and its very easy to change out

#19 ·
You can see the sensor though the P/S rear wheel well located right before the exhaust goes over the axle the 2nd sensor
Its is covered under power train warrenty that is 160 000km or 5 year
If you dont have power train warrenty anymore its pretty cheap sensor i think 80 bucks dont quote me on it but i know its not crazy and its very easy to change out
Sorry for the very late response, but thank you for your help, replaced sensor and everything has been good. thanks again