Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Matt's L5P info dump...

444K views 1K replies 118 participants last post by  lutzjk913 
#1 · (Edited)
Different members have stated that they're interested in how the L5P will work out for me (reliabity, issues, emissions, etc). I know that there are a few different threads started with turbo issues, and I'll throw a link in here to those threads, along with any other links/threads that might eventually show up.

This will be my place to keep track of any issues that might come up with my truck. I'll also track mileage in the first post here, once a month...

If anybody has links concerning the L5P powertrain, let me know, and I'll add them to the first page...

Mileage:
6/3/17 - 44k

L5P tapping/knocking noise when coasting???

2017-duramax-837-miles-engine-turbo-trouble

2017-l5p-blown-turbo-gasket

See less See more
#12 ·
This alone makes me NEVER want to get rid of my truck... C'mon GM, pull your heads out of your asses and do like Ford/RAM (I can't believe I just said that). :help

#6 ·
Towed my gooseneck around home a little, delivered a small travel trailer to WI yesterday. Headed back to pick up a decent sized 5er, looking forward to that. I'll get to tow that thru some PA-MD hills... Really wish that I had some way to monitor what's going on inside there. Wonder if we'll be able to monitor what looks like an EGT probe in the manifold?

#8 ·
I remember getting all sorts of funky looks pulling in the pumps backwards

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

#18 ·
subd

#21 ·
sub'd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
got my wheels in yesterday

#23 ·
I'm in

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Rubbed pretty bad. Had to cut back the tab that holds the valance to the bumper and some plastic piece behind the liner to push it forward. Its super close to the cab corner and bumper still. All this is on the passenger side. Cleared no problem on the drivers for some reason

#27 ·
I'm really interested in see how many miles I get out of my tank now that I know it's full... I used to get between 2-3k miles out of the LML's 5 gallon tank. But that was towing all the time...

#28 ·
My light came on around 500 miles and I've dumped in 5 gallons and went about 5000 miles now and on 28% I seen last night.. So should be around a gallon for 1000 so far for me..

#31 ·
Yeah I wasn't towing any at all and had a fair bit of idle time so not sure how that would affect it..

#34 ·
Delivered this to MD this morning... GCVW was 18-19k.... I was impressed with how effortlessly I was able to hold 65 thru the mountains... Locked out 6th, and never hit 4th thru the mountains... Seems to have all kinds of torque on tap for the hills... Just a bit over 10 loaded mpg...

Really impressed with the smooth power delivery thru out all the gears...

#35 ·
For comparison I did same trip last week same trailer got 10.6 @ 69 but had to grab 4th on the 2 big hills on 70 in md

#45 ·
Which one of you hauls for Jayco?

Headed to Trailside in Mo anytime soon with a 17 Designer 37RS?

If it's got the Carbon Steel paint job on it, that's our new one. Be safe with it, that's our new "vacation home" >:)

#46 ·
That's all star fleet. I used to run there all the time. Nice bunch of people there

#47 ·
22-23k GCVW
Averaged 10.3 mpg across 550 miles...

Still amazed at the torque it's got, held 70 in 6th gear for most of the way, just a couple hills it dropped down into 5th, and the last hill on 70 before turning off for 15 was the only time it dropped into 4th... Really seemed to effortlessly pull this big thing around...

The more miles I'm putting on, the more I like it. The big question is how will it do with buildings, and all that wind drag. Hopefully find out in about a month or so...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.