13 Hours! and 28 Miles on a Brand new 2019? - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017-19 GM T-K2 Platform Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the Advice and reply!

Thanks,
Epicenter

Daily Driver -
2019 GMC 3500HD SLT Crew Cab SRW 4x4 Z71
All Stock, No Mods planned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 06:49 PM

When I bought my truck it had 37 miles on the odo and had the "Keep Driving" message on the dash, it only had 6.3 hours on it. About 30 miles down the road the message when away, it took Edge about 30 days to get the pid's working except for "oil pressure" still not there!!! And they changed the way soot is reported to percent from grams, which to me does not work as well. I have keep pretty good records on my truck so far and the miles between regens is all over the place depending up use of truck. With 11,000 miles on the truck I hooked the first trailer to it this afternoon so I'll know more about towing this time tomorrow.

2011 GMC Sierra 2500 HD 2500 4X4 Duramax Traded 162,000 miles!!

2019 GMC Sierra 3500 HD CC 4X4 Duramax SRW LWB Stone Blue Metallic
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen23 View Post
For a normal regen it just does its thing and you won't notice it unless you're in stop and go traffic. You'll notice it's idling higher than normal. You get the message when you're driving slow with really no load and it will tell you to keep driving in order for it to perform the regen.

You may also be able to lightly smell something like plastic burning at stop lights or when idling. Also the exhaust is extremely hot coming out the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 GMC SLT 4x4 2500 crew cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 09:49 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
Normal regens will not give any message -- and as others posted, it will have done a bunch of them by 4500 miles.
Ditto.

My 2009 regens once per tankful of fuel, always.

I had an Edge Insight, now an Insight CTS2 - both tell me when it's in regen.
sargenthp likes this.

2009 3500HD 4x4 CCLB LTZ Silver Birch Metallic "BIG DOOLEY"
2006 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LT3 Silver Birch Metallic
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 09:55 PM

Most time I can tell a regen by looking at dic fuel being used,if low itís a gen.About 5 mpg less than normal is a good indication.
A small led dash light wired to 9th injector to come on when itís powered will let you know itís a gen.

16 GMC Denali 3500 stock for now
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicenter View Post
So It Doesnt pop a message when it's doing a Regen? I guess I thought it would, you're probably right then. Was that message more of an "exception than the rule"?

Thanks for the reply
It will only give you the "continue driving, cleaning exhaust filter" message after several failed attempts at doing a mobile regen. It's likely done 7 or 8 other regens during the 4,600 miles, but it's successfully completed them during driving so you don't know. When you take it in for the oil change, ask the dealer to check the GDS2 data and see how many regens it's had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode